Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HP NFCU CLI (UPDATE 3/23/20)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

No HP NFCU CLI (UPDATE 3/23/20)

I struck out on all my CLI requests this month. The target train derailed, all instant denials. The only ones I hadn't asked on were the Amex (because I'm waiting until the year mark), PayPal, and NFCU (because I don't want an HP).

The last time I requested in April 2018 for a Navy CLI and apped for a card and cloc, I was told that I wasn't making large enough payments on any of my cards over the last 12 month period. That's right, despite how I was handling my card, they based their decision on the trended data of all my accounts on my reports. It was pretty defeating since I had the card since May 2018 with no growth. I also found out I had to remove the block for auto CLI, which I did via secured message.

Last night, I was feeling frustrated and submitted a CLI request about 11pm Pacific time for the max $25k. No alerts and got a message that more info was needed. My EQ and TU were unlocked. I figured it was an auto denial. Woke up this morning and had an increase of $1k. Checked my reports and no hard pull. Now I'm wondering if I recon with a hard pull if they'll give me more. I'm not going to though because I'm glad to keep my gardening spade intact. I have MANY HPs from Navy and they are one of the reasons I'm gardening. I'll leave the bear alone.

I have no idea what my scores are. NFCU fico9 has me at 600, which is normally about 70 points below my fico8. Also, due date is the 18th and statement cuts on the 21st.

UPDATE 3/23/20: I requested an increase on 181 days exactly after this one and was denied. Got the letter today and it said there was a recent change to the account, meaning I requested too soon. Whatevs. Requested again and got the 7-10 message. Checked an hour later and it was increased by $1k. Not gonna complain as 4 new accounts popped up on my reports yesterday.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: No HP NFCU CLI

Congrats, Bree!
Message 2 of 33
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS  on your NFCU CLI and Thanks for the DPs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your increase!!
Message 4 of 33
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the no HP CLI! Those are hard to come by. 

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 5 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

..     No Alcohol? ... Congrats?

Message 6 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats TDBSmiley Wink I have so msny hps from Navy , i felt obliged to give one to Ex . I strike out more than Javier Baez but i still luv themSmiley Wink. Enjoy the sp cli its rareSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on finally getting an increase from them and with no HP too!

Message 8 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Message 9 of 33
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI @Brian_Earl_Spilner! LOL at the tag “Gucci”

Navy is solid
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.