Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No garden can hold me - PayPalMC approval

tag
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: No garden can hold me - PayPalMC approval

Congrats....but HOLY CARD Act APR violation bateman!! (well, it should be at that rate)

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 21 of 32
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

Mike, please give the lenders some mercy!!!

CONGRATS on your Approval, the AWESOME SL, and Welcome to the PayPal Cashback MC family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 22 of 32
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:
If your a PIF kinda spender than APR doesn’t matter. As your scores and general profile improves you’ll see lower and lower APRs roll thru.

For me I still seem to get good SLs when I have a lot of new accounts but when I scale back for at least 6-8 months with no inquiries or accounts then the APR offers really are attractive. For me, more inquiries and new accounts = higher APRs

Yeah I get that and I agree with you but it’s kind of crappy to have a card that has 22.24% as it’s lowest APR and 29.24% as it’s highest, with most cards issued at 26.24%. I guess Sync has to pay for the 2% somehow since it’s a standard MasterCard, not a WMC/WEMC. 

OP CONGRATS!!!  I just checked my APR from this months bill.....I am at 18.24 so did something change recently?

Untitled.jpeg

Message 23 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats M8! great card and you are part of the lucky few to score a SUBSmiley Wink
Message 24 of 32
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:
If your a PIF kinda spender than APR doesn’t matter. As your scores and general profile improves you’ll see lower and lower APRs roll thru.

For me I still seem to get good SLs when I have a lot of new accounts but when I scale back for at least 6-8 months with no inquiries or accounts then the APR offers really are attractive. For me, more inquiries and new accounts = higher APRs

Yeah I get that and I agree with you but it’s kind of crappy to have a card that has 22.24% as it’s lowest APR and 29.24% as it’s highest, with most cards issued at 26.24%. I guess Sync has to pay for the 2% somehow since it’s a standard MasterCard, not a WMC/WEMC. 

OP CONGRATS!!!  I just checked my APR from this months bill.....I am at 18.24 so did something change recently?

Untitled.jpeg

I’m at 18.24% too. It’s been creeping up since I got it (just like almost every other card). I could be wrong but I think mine started at 16.99% at the end of 2017. I can only go back 1 year in online statements, and in June of last year, I was at 17.49%. 

Message 25 of 32
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Untitled.jpeg

I’m at 18.24% too. It’s been creeping up since I got it (just like almost every other card). I could be wrong but I think mine started at 16.99% at the end of 2017. I can only go back 1 year in online statements, and in June of last year, I was at 17.49%. 

You are correct, last May APR was 17.49 anything before that you have to request......nice catch!!

Message 26 of 32
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, what's your current TU score?

Due too way too much activity, it is probably around 650. I only get dailies from EX.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 27 of 32
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats but why the regrets? Great card to have and I see you will get a statement credit of $100 after spending $1k. 

I didn't need the card. I needed the gratification. Yes, 2% on everything is strong. Just not sure SYNC is what I want to base my daily spend on. DW is on the Citi DoubleCash plan. Discover is being great to me. When first year with Disco ends I will need to reevaluate.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Untitled.jpeg

New account terms were updated in October to institute 21.99% as the lowest APR, 25.99% as the mid, 28.99% as the high. Then the prime rate went up. 

https://images.synchronycredit.com/consumereApply/Internet/paypaldc/en/pdf/TermsConditions70.pdf

Message 29 of 32
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Uh, yes

@odd_dog wrote:

Untitled.jpeg

Yes, something has changed. Lot's of things have changed. Biggest begins with a "D", ends with and "e", and has "ivorc" in the middle. It is right there in my signature.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.