Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No recon from US Bank

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

No recon from US Bank

Turned down for USBank card.......called for recon. Nothing doing with them......had some lates from 3 years ago while going through divorce they didn't want to hear it even the accounts were paid out and closed.....will avoid apps to them in the future

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No recon from US Bank

Sorry for the denial, they're a tough one to crack.  Did you ask to speak to a Supervisor or account underwriter?

Message 2 of 10
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Sorry to hear that. US Bank isn't very sympathetic to baddies unless you are an existing bank customer or cardmember.

Message 3 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Sorry for their denial but raise right back up and reset yourself for better expectations.

I have a US Bank card and can confirm for a fact that most definitely they are extremely conservative and even with good current standing going on my 3rd year with their credit product (no banking), they shot down my recent credit limit request with a Tu HP on the grounds of my adding Discover, Citi, and Capital One plus 2 gecrb's from October to December app spree.

They told me to try again in 6 months.
Message 4 of 10
Brax
Frequent Contributor

+1 Extremely conservative is a perfect way to describe them.

The first 7 years with them 2005 - 2012 my CL never got much above 3K. They will probably continue to treat me that way forever, forcing me to take TU HP every six months for a small CLI.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brax - great card folio!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The posters on this thread pretty well covered US Bank. They have treated me well but they are conservative.
Message 7 of 10
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

No pblm.....I've got a lot of credit this year, Barclays Reward, Discover IT, Chase Slate, Chase Sapphire, BoA, Total Rewards Visa, Walmart Discover and Amex Green along with a ton of store cards including Target, Amazon, Steinmart, Macys, JCP, Belks, Old Navy and a few more.  Not bad for 1 year of rebuilding.  I've got a ton of inquiries so time to stay in the garden.  BTW how long do folks usually garden before another app spree.

Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Eh... don't sweat it. I applied for the US Bank Platinum a few months back. First they told me I didn't qualify based on my location and said a CR wouldn't be pulled.

Well, I got an alert for a new account with a crappy $1000 cl (avg cl is $10k!) and a HP on Exp. It was a PITA to get the HP and tradeline removed. They were one of the most disorganized banks I've ever delt with, right along with Chitibank and Crapital One. pahahahaa

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

No pblm.....I've got a lot of credit this year, Barclays Reward, Discover IT, Chase Slate, Chase Sapphire, BoA, Total Rewards Visa, Walmart Discover and Amex Green along with a ton of store cards including Target, Amazon, Steinmart, Macys, JCP, Belks, Old Navy and a few more.  Not bad for 1 year of rebuilding.  I've got a ton of inquiries so time to stay in the garden.  BTW how long do folks usually garden before another app spree.

Usually for about 6 months. But because you have a lot of inquiries I would sa a year as the inquiries lose their effect after a year on your report

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.