cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No such thing as the Double Cash World Elite MasterCard?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: No such thing as the Double Cash World Elite MasterCard?

@wacdenney wrote:

Mine also claims to be a "World Elite" mastercard, but it only has a 2.4k limit and does NOT report as a flexible spending account.  I would be curious if these cards actually qualify for the additional benefits or not.  I garauntee they are charging the higher swipe fees, but every bin list site I have ran it through has returned "Platinum" as the card type.

The BIN sites aren't as reliable as they once were since so many issuers will now do a PC/upgrade and leave the account number the same. 

'Back in the day' my Citibank Classic Visa got upgraded to the Gold version, and I was issued a new card with a different account number (specifically, the BIN and check digit were different).  From what I have read on here, though, most issuers will now leave the account number the same. 

There was a thread a few months back where someone had a BoA Visa upgraded to Signature; they were issued a new card with the 'Signature' marking but the account number didn't change.  I asked if they had successfully used the card for 'Signature' benefits (thinking the old BIN would cause a problem) but they said they had and with no trouble, so apparently the World/Signature designations are now done at the account level (which seems like it would be rather cumbersome to keep up with, but I digress...)

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to bring this thread back to life and report I just got my

double cash as a world elite. It has a $3300 limit so I don't know how that happened and I have almost two years of history.

Message 32 of 36
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I also received a WEMC with a $3000 limit. Before I closed my old Citi card it was open for over 10 years. I don't think that has anything to do with it though. I just like the silver mastercard logo. Smiley Very Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 33 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

World Elite's come with different benefits than the siggy.  And some of them do have flexible spending limits.  All of my siggy's have flexible spending limits.  Elite's give you more concierge service and access to many more things.  Don't get me wrong, both have great benefits and some are very similar.  You just have to look at what card you received and what benefits it offers.

Message 34 of 36
JamP
Valued Contributor

I have a World Mastercard.

I have called, chatted and private messaged and received 3 different answers.

First answer they do not come in World Elite, which is wrong.

Second answer is I didn't have a high enough limit, wrong again.

The last answer I received just the other day is they watch your account and if you spend a certain amount then your account will be upgraded to World Elite.

I think possibly they pass out World Elite by demographic.

Cool card either way.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

The days of the Visa Signature, World & World Elite Master Cards having Flexible/NPSL/Revolving Credit Limits are over. It is 100% up to the lender today. If you go to the Visa or Master Card websites you will see no reference to such a requirement. Also, the $5,000 minimum credit limit/line to qualify went the way of the Dinosaur. The mandated requirement starting disappearing back to 2014 and First National Bank of Omaha went through and removed the NPSL from all of their cards effective to August 1, 2015. Citi does have some revolving limits generally being assigned to their upscale travel cards (check their website) where there is an annual fee. Citi used to use 5466-16 or 5585 prefixes along with 4147 for the cards that had the revolving limits. Yes, many banks still issue accounts with the flex limits and some like Chase and US Bank stick with the you have to qualify for a $5,000 limit to get a flex limit. Others are doing what ever they want like Capital One that issues GM Product Master Cards as World Elite Master Cards and give the card a $300 to $600 dollar limit. There are exceptions to the old rules as the old rules no longer apply.
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.