cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No to NFCU graduation but YES to new NFCU card...

tag
tbque
Valued Contributor

No to NFCU graduation but YES to new NFCU card...

I was hoping that my Navy nRewards secured card that I've had since 2015 (opened secured cards back then but just really started my rebuild in March of this year) would finally graduate yesterday since that was my scheduled monthly review date.  However, no such luck.  Feeling fustrated, anxious and somewhat empowered from knowledge gained on this forum I decided to take a chance and cold app for the Cash Rewards Visa.  After 30 seconds of excrutiating agony that seemed like eternity...

IMG_3954.png

Some additional DPs:  The Fico8 scores in my signature are current.  Income is $103,000.  Just one month since my last late payment with a bunch of 30, 60 lates over the last three years on my mortgage and student loans but no lates on any of my secured cards.  Just consolodiated my student loans but they haven't been marked paid nor is the new loan reporting yet.  Basically my CR is ugly and under repair and I got approved for a $20k SL with a 565 TU...I freaking LOVE NAVY!!!!  

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No to NFCU graduation but YES to new NFCU card...

Congratulations on the CR approval with that awesome SL!

Message 2 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Message 3 of 32
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Pay it forward! You were shined upon.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 32
rbentley
Established Contributor

I cant understand their logic of refusing to graduate a 3 year old secured card in excellent standing but be willing to give you $20,000 in unsecured credit on another card.  Navy can be hard to figure out.  Congrats on your approval.

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU cashRewards approval and monster SL! Its raining money everyday at Navy! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congratulations! Wish I knew about NFCU when I was fresh into rebuilding. That's a huge SL. Did you get this new SUB some members have spoken about?
Message 7 of 32
tbque
Valued Contributor

@slow, yes I did get the $250 SUB.

Message 8 of 32
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

got approved for a $20k SL with a 565 TU...

WOW!  Congrats!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 32
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your approval

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.