cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

None of this would have happened if i wouldn’t have left the garden..... Barclays!

tag
TheFeagster
Valued Member

None of this would have happened if i wouldn’t have left the garden..... Barclays!

So I’ve been gardening for maybe a month and a half after a ridiculous app spree. I was not supposed to come out until September. My app spree resulted in some pretty decent SL: Amex Delta 4K, NFCU 15K, LOC 8K, AMEX Gold NPSL. So i was set, all things considering, but i decided or rather life decided that my computer for school and my small business hit the tank so i needed a new one. I wanted to take advantage of the 18 month 0% apr financing through Apple, so i gave Barclays with Apple rewards a go.
Needless to say, I did the app, they pulled only TU. Got hit with a “call us for verification” message. After a 30 wait with a rep, they approved me for a WHOOPING $700 😕, which sucks because i wanted to use it for a Mac book pro and take advantage of the promo. Asked the rep for a higher limit, she came back with an answer of “we cannot not extend a higher SL as of now, however if you call back when you get your card in 7-10 days we can try to do a request for CLI and possibly see then”

That made absolutely no sense to me so, i called back to recon with one of the Backdoor numbers someone had listed on here. This time i was told it was because I have had too many inquires. Of course, i knew this would be the reason and I should have followed my first mind and not left the garden. I was itchy and definitely didn’t get scratched lol. BACK TO THE GARDEN I GO FOR GOOD THIS TIME. I feel like i made a mess of that Situation because i didn’t want to accept the $700 approval but if i would have closed the account then i would have taken a hit, but now i won’t be able to take advantage of the promotion; stuck between a rock and a hard place.

DP

TU 674
Util 5%
AaOa 5.7 years
Length of credit 11.2 years
Inq: 7 last opened account was 2mths ago

UPDATE: i was told by the rep that every time you try to get a CLI from them it is a HP. She stated that because i just got approved and they needed to do a review that it was a courtesy SP, but everyone after that would be a HP. That is disappointing because i will probably never want to waste a hard pull on this card.

NFCU Visa Signature 15k
NFCU LOC 8k
Discover IT $500
CAP ONE 1.5k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Delta Gold 4k
Amex Hilton 1k
Barclays Apple Rewards $700
PenFed LOC $500

EX: 689 TU:674 EQ: 667
10 REPLIES 10
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: None of this would have happened if i wouldn’t have left the garden..... Barclays!

Congrats on the new card! I used to have that one myself. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: None of this would have happened if i wouldn’t have left the garden..... Barclays!

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 3 of 11
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval, sorry to hear that the SL wasn't higher.  Maybe you'll get lucky and get an auto CLI at some point.

Message 4 of 11
TheFeagster
Valued Member

Thank you!

NFCU Visa Signature 15k
NFCU LOC 8k
Discover IT $500
CAP ONE 1.5k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Delta Gold 4k
Amex Hilton 1k
PenFed LOC $500

Message 5 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 11
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval but bummer on the low SL. I would explain why you got the card to the rep, hopefully they can make an adjustment/increase.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 11
TheFeagster
Valued Member

I reconned 4 times to date, might be a loss cause. Ive read alot of posts stating that barclays dont keep a record of certain conversations, however, everytime ive called they mentioned the fact that I had just talked to someone else. 

Bummer......

NFCU Visa Signature 15k
NFCU LOC 8k
Discover IT $500
CAP ONE 1.5k
Amex Gold NPSL
Amex Delta Gold 4k
Amex Hilton 1k
PenFed LOC $500

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval....i think  =/

Message 9 of 11
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval but, sorry you feel the very similar pain as I. They gave me a bit higher SL. And I’ve had them for a bit over a year with no CLI. So that card is in the dust drawer for a bit.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.