Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Approval post BK / $1500 SL

Highlighted

Nordstrom Approval post BK / $1500 SL

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to stop by and share my success with a recent Nordstrom approval!

I applied earlier this month , they pulled experian at 691, 4 inquiries. I got an instant pop up to call in.

Upon calling in I was connected with a credit analyst who had me confirm my name and address as well as the email used on my application.

She said "Lets see what I can do" , 2 seconds later said you are approved for a starting limit of $1500 / Nordstrom store card!

I was hoping for the visa version but the credit analyst suggested to hold onto the card and try applying for the visa in 7 months.

Im excited to rebuild out of chapter 7, discharged 01/2018, no other negatives. I did burn TD bank for 1.1k , they seem pretty forgiving  Smiley Happy

I will keep you all posted as this card grows. 

** I must add that I love the fact you can add the store card or visa to your apple wallet !

Stay safe and take care everyone !

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Approval post BK / $1500 SL

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@J-Marr wrote:

Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to stop by and share my success with a recent Nordstrom approval!

I applied earlier this month , they pulled experian at 691, 4 inquiries. I got an instant pop up to call in.

Upon calling in I was connected with a credit analyst who had me confirm my name and address as well as the email used on my application.

She said "Lets see what I can do" , 2 seconds later said you are approved for a starting limit of $1500 / Nordstrom store card!

I was hoping for the visa version but the credit analyst suggested to hold onto the card and try applying for the visa in 7 months.

Im excited to rebuild out of chapter 7, discharged 01/2018, no other negatives. I did burn TD bank for 1.1k , they seem pretty forgiving  Smiley Happy

I will keep you all posted as this card grows. 

** I must add that I love the fact you can add the store card or visa to your apple wallet !

Stay safe and take care everyone !

Congrats on your approval!! Continued success on your rebuild journey!! 🎈 🎊 🎉 

Love yourself, embrace yourself, be yourself-
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted

Sweet, enjoy it Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Nordstrom approval!

Current FICO 8:

Credit Age (EX/TU):

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Hopefully you can PC to the Visa branded card in the future. 

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats an GL on your rebuild !

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>08/2020 CCT EX 830 TU 848 EQ 844

I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.

- Johnny Cash One Piece At A Time
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
New Contributor

Congrats! Asking for a friend but did you specifically include the Nordstrom CC in your bk. I know you said you mentioned you burned TD.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.