Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Approval

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Nordstrom Approval

I was just approved for the Nordstrom Retail with a Sub-600 Experian Score... $300...no complaints...thought I'd be denied. I just wanted to buy a particular gift for my partner so I applied. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom Approval

Excellent!  I don't shop at Nordie's, the parking at our local store is atrocious.

Message 2 of 12
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

It's always nice to get an approval while in the rebuilding stage.  I remember LOTS of denials for sure!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That card will grow faster than Cookie Monster eats cookiesSmiley Wink. Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
That card will grow faster than Cookie Monster eats cookiesSmiley Wink. Great jobSmiley Happy

This is good to hear!. I'm researching for the best strategy to get good CLI with them.

Message 5 of 12
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Approval and Question

Question...I had to call in to get my SL. The rep told me that I could ask for a CLI in 4-6 months.  I see hear everyone else is saying I should wait 7 months...any updated opinions.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I was just approved for the Nordstrom Retail with a Sub-600 Experian Score... $300...no complaints...thought I'd be denied. I just wanted to buy a particular gift for my partner so I applied. 

Outstanding. Gotta love Nordstrom.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a dillard card today. Was gonna do Nordstrom but they didn't have anything that I really wanted. Fico 08 scores today 653 tu 635 eq 646 exp. They gave me $1k! Biggest limit on any card yet. Actually doubled my total credit limit with that one card!
Message 8 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Question...I had to call in to get my SL. The rep told me that I could ask for a CLI in 4-6 months.  I see hear everyone else is saying I should wait 7 months...any updated opinions.

If you are responsible with this card, and pay on time, you more than likely will not have to request a CLI. You will probably get them automatically. My card started out at $500 and it has gotten 4 auto increases.....I am up to $5500 and never once did I have to ask. Congratulations!!!

Message 9 of 12
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks Country, 

If I can ask - how long have you had your card?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.