cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: EO CLI after 1 Month!! Nordstrom Approved!

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

UPDATE: EO CLI after 1 Month!! Nordstrom Approved!

So I applied for Nordstroms back in May and was denied. I called in and was told the only reason was my BK and that I could try again in.... get ready for this, 7 YEARS! I knew this was incorrect so I sent an email into the CEO. A very nice woman reached out to me and said to contact her in about a year if I still have trouble opening an account. Since holiday shopping is coming up, as well as black friday I took a shot. It was denied for the same reason, but thankfully I reached back out to the woman I was dealing with. She called me and told me she opened me an account and was going to start me off at $300 and to call her in 7 Months for a CLI and see about converting to a Visa. She advised me for the best CLI to pay more than the minimum, I told her I was gonna pay in full and she said that's even better. Nordstroms truly values the relationship that their customers have. I know that she did not have to open an account for me, but I told her how grateful I was. 

I now have every single account that I know I will need over the next few years with the exception of Cap One and Barclays. Once I acquire those, I guess its off to the garden for a few years. Once I get capital one I plan to close my indigo. Over time I also plan to add to my Wells Fargo secured. I can't believe that this soon after my BK I have every account that I could possibly need. Before someone says I opened too many accounts, I like them to age together, this might not work for you, but it did a good job for me.

As for store cards, not that I need to explain myself, but I only opened accounts for stores that I know I would use constantly and some of which have the option of becoming a bankcard. I'm happy with where I am and one I have cap one and barclays in my wallet I'll have no need for anything else.

Time to Garden this Nordstrom card!! I'm gonna try to reach Icon status by the end of next year!!!
Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Approved!

Congratulations!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 19
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Congratulations!! 

Thank You!

Message 3 of 19
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Hey congrats.

It's great that you were still able to get approved.  

After you get that CLI, I'm sure you'll make even better use of it.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 4 of 19
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

I know, it was hard to hold back from asking for a higher starting limit but I was already grateful enough that she went out of her way to open an account for me. I just found it a little funny when she told me to pay more than the minimum, with that limit I’m gonna have to pay multiple times a month for any purchase!! But I’m sure that’ll work out to my favor since I know they look at purchase history when you request a cli!! Looking forward to June!!
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz! I had a very similar experience. 

SL $1,000 --> $3,500-->$8,000-->$13,000(upgraded)--> $19,000-->$23,000-->$21,000(got an letter saying they mistakenly gave me a CLI)-->$23,000 (called in and said what happened, they appologized and restored the cl instantly)-->$25,000 all since 11/2015. Many of which were automatic without asking (accept the upgrade). 

Message 6 of 19
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Thanks for that info! I'm hoping to see this grow pretty quickly as well! I'll make sure to give her a call back in june about the upgrade Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

WOW! That's amazing customer service. Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 19
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

@19eighty5 wrote:

WOW! That's amazing customer service. Congratulations on your approval!

I wish more companies had as great customer service as Nordstroms! 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your recon and your approval !!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.