Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom CL

Just applied was instantly approved for 1.5K CL however the deal is 6% UTIL for spending $100 and get $40 Note or Credit while I'm very grateful for CL anything above 3% is a bit high for me I'm looking at the bigger picture my score.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

Re: Nordstrom CL

CONGRATS OP on your approval, firstly!  I would not fret about the SL, as many others will confirm that Nordstrom cards can grow like crazy. I was approved for $1.5K in Oct 2015 and now up to $17K on the Visa Signature. If your scores continue to increase, and you show even just minimal usage on the card, you should see a very healthy growth in terms of the limit. As long as you pay the balance before your statement cuts, your utilization will not be impacted, low limit or not.

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Nordstroms Card! I've had mine for about a year and get CLI's every 3 months or so, it started at $2k and I'm now at $12k. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohreally7654 wrote:

CONGRATS OP on your approval, firstly!  I would not fret about the SL, as many others will confirm that Nordstrom cards can grow like crazy. I was approved for $1.5K in Oct 2015 and now up to $17K on the Visa Signature. If your scores continue to increase, and you show even just minimal usage on the card, you should see a very healthy growth in terms of the limit. As long as you pay the balance before your statement cuts, your utilization will not be impacted, low limit or not.

Appreciate your input thanks so much very grateful I'll take what you've said into consideration and think about it. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.