Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom CLI after 6 statements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom CLI after 6 statements

i applied for Nordstroms and got a $500.00 credit line originally. Nordstrom said they would reevaluate my credit after 7 statements.

I logged into my account today and noticed they raised my limit to $2k. 6 statements have cut. Should i call to see if i can get more? i dont need more credit with Nordstrom but its def going to help with my utilization overall.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
roxy72
Valued Member

Re: Nordstrom CLI after 6 statements

You could call in for a reconsideration.  It would look better on your part if you use the card often.  Sometimes that kind of what they're looking for.    I have a Nordstrom account and I get increases every 4 months.  Waiting to hit $5000 so I could upgrade to the Visa Signature

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah thats what im trying to get to.

so i have been charging sumthn on it every month no more then $100.00 and when the bill comes in i pay it then i charge something else on it and have been doing that

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a Nordstrom card really bad!  or a Bloomingdales card.  I shop both stores pretty often.  I applied for a Nordstoms card a couple of months ago and was denied.  My credit and SL on all my cards have gone up big time but I'm too scared to roll the dice with them a second time.  I would def come out of the garden for one of those cards :-)

Message 4 of 9
lgsmith08

My CLI was very strange. My 4th statement cut and I decided to call to see if I could get a CLI. My SL was $1000.  I was logged into my account as I was calling and it was an automated system just telling me information about my account before I could speak to someone, then it said - congratulations! your new credit line is $2,500. I logged out and logged back in and sure enough it was $2,500 and I never spoke to anyone. Strange but I will  take it.

Message 5 of 9
roxy72
Valued Member

Nordstrom gives auto increases every 4 months, for some accounts.

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Nordstrom require you hit a $5,000 CL before they will upgrade to their visa?

Message 7 of 9
roxy72
Valued Member

They required that you have a credit limit of $5000 or more to be upgraded to their Visa Signature.  Any limit under that would be the regular Visa

Seedling till 5/15/19
Message 8 of 9
NP27
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i applied for Nordstroms and got a $500.00 credit line originally. Nordstrom said they would reevaluate my credit after 7 statements.

I logged into my account today and noticed they raised my limit to $2k. 6 statements have cut. Should i call to see if i can get more? i dont need more credit with Nordstrom but its def going to help with my utilization overall.

same here.....500->2K auto cli

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.