Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Rewards credit card results

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Nordstrom Rewards credit card results

Hey everyone!

About 20 years ago, I had a Nordstrom store card that I bankrupted and never reaffirmed.  (That was my error.  I let the time pass by and missed out.)  Ever since then, I've always considered it as the card that got away and regretted not doing more to hold on to it.  Nordstrom, for years, has been my favorite store to shop at.  So today I elected to try my hand at getting a Nordstrom Rewards credit card again.  

I am happy to report that I am now a Nordstrom cardholder again!  What's even better is that when they gave me the choice between the Nordstrom Rewards card and the Nordstrom Visa card, the Nordstrom Visa card is a NORDSTROM VISA SIGNATURE card!!!!  The Visa Signature has been on my wishlist for some time and I'm so happy that it has come to fruition and the fact that it is on my return to Nordstrom.  My SL for the card is $5000.

My credit journey has now come full circle.  My errors of being a young 20-something are being replaced by being a responsible 40-something adult and using my credit wisely.  I am sure there are better cards out there, but I am so happy with my credit card arsenal now and it feels complete.  This is one I will treasure and will have a special place in my wallet.  

Oh, for some DPs - I'm in Virginia and Nordstrom/TD Bank pulled Experian for me.  According to the Experian site, my free score with them was 764.  It did drop to 761 after the pull.  I now have five inquiries with them, granted one was from Sprint.  (UGH!)  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

SN - Capital One asks what is in my wallet...my response..."Visa Signature!"  Smiley Very Happy  

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Rewards credit card results

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story...it encourages me on my credit repair journey. Best wishes.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 2 of 9
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@SweetCreditObsession wrote:
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story...it encourages me on my credit repair journey. Best wishes.

Thanks so much!  Wishing you all the best on your journey as well.  Here's hoping you have the same experience happen, if not better.  :-)

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and credit rebuild! fox laugh.gif

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstroms is a great card!!! If it works for you there is nothing better than that! Congratulations on the new pick up and the all the success in your rebuild!
Message 5 of 9
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and enjoy the triple points!

tumblr_pcsmv4WiTV1sokgbpo1_400.gif

Message 6 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also approved for the Nordstrom’s Card (Visa Platinum) with $1,500 CL just the other day. Can’t wait until my card arrives! Also on that same day i was also approved for Cap 1 Platinum and BJ’s MasterCard. Think I’ll chill for a moment now on the inquiries until i can get my score up a little more so that i can qualify for the BIG BOY, AMEX in about 3-6 months. I’m in Georgia and they pulled EXP which at the time my score was 661 with 3 inquiries. Funny that i got approved for all these cards on the same day and Target or Discover still will not show me any love. I tried recon with with Discover but was told i had “to many inquiries” and i only had 4....think i didn’t get a good call center agent when i called but oh well their loss. Congrats on your Nordy Visa Sig
Message 8 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

Hey everyone!

About 20 years ago, I had a Nordstrom store card that I bankrupted and never reaffirmed.  (That was my error.  I let the time pass by and missed out.)  Ever since then, I've always considered it as the card that got away and regretted not doing more to hold on to it.  Nordstrom, for years, has been my favorite store to shop at.  So today I elected to try my hand at getting a Nordstrom Rewards credit card again.  

I am happy to report that I am now a Nordstrom cardholder again!  What's even better is that when they gave me the choice between the Nordstrom Rewards card and the Nordstrom Visa card, the Nordstrom Visa card is a NORDSTROM VISA SIGNATURE card!!!!  The Visa Signature has been on my wishlist for some time and I'm so happy that it has come to fruition and the fact that it is on my return to Nordstrom.  My SL for the card is $5000.

My credit journey has now come full circle.  My errors of being a young 20-something are being replaced by being a responsible 40-something adult and using my credit wisely.  I am sure there are better cards out there, but I am so happy with my credit card arsenal now and it feels complete.  This is one I will treasure and will have a special place in my wallet.  

Oh, for some DPs - I'm in Virginia and Nordstrom/TD Bank pulled Experian for me.  According to the Experian site, my free score with them was 764.  It did drop to 761 after the pull.  I now have five inquiries with them, granted one was from Sprint.  (UGH!)  

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

SN - Capital One asks what is in my wallet...my response..."Visa Signature!"  Smiley Very Happy  

Congratulations to you. What a wonderful feeling it is to get another chance to enjoy the things we once did. I’m really happy for you. Enjoy your card.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.