cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa- 1500$! First Primary Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom Visa- 1500$! First Primary Card!

I am so excited! After having some issues with a Discover It Secured card, I decided to apply for the Nordstrom card in my mind I  figured if I get approved for the Visa, awesome but the store card would benefit me as well. Well I did the online app, and got a message to call in, after a verification phone call they told me I was approved for Nordstrom Visa for 1500$ I was estatic. 

This is my first primary card after having horrible credit since I was 19 and messing up some AMEX cards in my name. Currently, I have this card, a Capital One QS1 I am an AU on with 500$ limit, A loan from Onemain (this was to establish loan history) for 3200$, Currently my Credit Karma Score is TU 677 and EQ 655. My FICO8 score with Experian is 744

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa- 1500$! First Primary Card!

Well there ya go!  Congrats and IT'S A VISASmiley Very Happy

Your Lemons to Lemonade link:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/DISCOVER-FORM-4506-T/m-p/5775238/highlight...

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 4 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Welcome To myFICO Forums and

Message 5 of 15
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Awesome!  Congrats!

Minion Congrats.gif

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! by the way don't pay any attention to Credit Karma. Those scores are fake. The magic is in the FICO scores.

again congrats! :-)

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Experian website a pretty reliable source for credit scores?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Looks like you're chipping away at some of the damage from earlier missteps in your credit use.

I know that feeling.. but for me, after only about 2 to 3 years I'm pretty happy with where I am and other than some judicious and responsible use along with pure time, I'm quite happy with where I am... and I'm sure you can be the same!  Congrats and good luck long term!

Message 9 of 15
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

March 2024: Experian 762; Equifax 767; Transunion 769

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 04/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (2) Trans: (1) Equif: (1)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.