Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Visa Plat -- $3,000!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom Visa Plat -- $3,000!!!

I was back and forth on which one to go for first. The Macy's Amex or Nordys Visa. Snagged up the Macy's card and decided to go for Nordy's as well. Definitely happy both came back as Amex/Visa versions. I'll get some long term mileage out of these two

Nordstrom Visa Platinum

• $3,000 SL (curious what their CLI's, if any, look like)
    • Nordstrom APR: 16.90% (kinda nice they didn't hose me too bad here, offers 12.9%-24.9%)
    • Non-Nordstrom APR: 20.90% (offers 16.9%-24.9%) - kinda silly they have 2 APR's on the same card
  • New Accts < 6Mo = 3 (4 other newbies not posted yet)
  • EX Inquiries < 6Mo = 5
  • CRA: EX F8 HP 770
  • Total Limits now $623,800 over 36 cards (30 Personal, 6 Business), DANG THAT'S A LOT OF CARDS Smiley LOLSmiley Very Happy
  • App: Instant Online Approval, complete cold app - didn't even have a Nordstrom member account

Let's see how my UMB DC app pans out!

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 12.45.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 11.59.02 AM.png

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Visa Plat -- $3,000!!!

CIC...You...

Awesome Congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  my friend on adding the Nordstrom Visa Platinum to your LEGENDARY portfolio and Thanks for the DPs!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Marz2002! I've only got 1 more true store card I'd like to scoop up, the Target Red card, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the patience to wait for a MC upgrade or wait around for them to just toss me CLI's Smiley LOL I'm gonna see how UMB pans out and keep Target on the shelf for now.

I'm pretty much getting to a point where I've picked up all the cards I wanted to get. Pretty solid feeling, although the itch to chase a challenge won't go away lol

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I love my Nordy Visa! Its a wonderful card!

Message 4 of 29
grower1
Frequent Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
  • Total Limits now $623,800 over 36 cards (30 Personal, 6 Business), DANG THAT'S A LOT OF CARDS Smiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

Congrats! That is a lot of cards. How do you manage to use them all? I struggle to show love to all of mine, and I only have 11. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Dang not messing around credit_is_crack this month and last Smiley Happy. Go big or go home.. Suprised your didnt get the VS with a 5k SL with your profile but it will grow soon enough and become a VS card.  Enjoy it!  Wanted this card at one point, but held off as couldnt justify it although in all reality I can't justify about 10 of my CC I have in my profile (at least that many!)

Message 6 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@grower1 wrote:

@credit_is_crack wrote:

Congrats! That is a lot of cards. How do you manage to use them all? I struggle to show love to all of mine, and I only have 11. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @grower1! They all serve a purpose and actually do get use, just different parts of the year and at different frequencies, but for the most part I have 5 main groups. 

• My daily drivers (dining, groceries, gas stations, general buys)
  • My travel cards (heavy travel protections and perks, upgrades and status tiers for hotels/car rentals)
  • My shopping cards (frequent places I'll shopt that are getting me well beyond my rotating or general buy cards)
  • My bill cards (used exclusively for bills due to high reward return and for simplicity sake)
  • Everything else (my legacy/older cards I keep around just to keep some active aging and my business cards)

The 4 main groups get used often just from work, travel and day-to-day stuff. The other ones I just charge some amazon reloads when its been a few months just to keep some light activity on them. There's probably about 10 I don't have worked in for regular use but got them for the sake of "I just couldn't resist" which is terrible, but it is what it is Smiley Wink They at least provide additional data points on here lol

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!
Message 8 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Dang not messing around credit_is_crack this month and last Smiley Happy. Go big or go home.. Suprised your didnt get the VS with a 5k SL with your profile but it will grow soon enough and become a VS card.  Enjoy it!  Wanted this card at one point, but held off as couldnt justify it although in all reality I can't justify about 10 of my CC I have in my profile (at least that many!)

It's definitely been an active season for me - I'm more surprised I haven't hit a massive brick wall yet lol I was reading that Nordy factors in how much you spend with them and it kind of pushes you over into the Siggy, but I'm glad I was able to bank the Visa period. I'm sure I'll get it upraded soon

Last 2 months I've locked down:

• $3,000 Nordstrom Visa
  • $1,000 Macy's Amex
  • $18,000 BofA Premium Rewards VS
  • $10,100 Amex Blue Business Cash
  • $10,000 Amex Bonvoy Brilliant
  • $6,500 Discover IT
  • $5,000 HSBC Cash Rewards MC
  • $5,000 PNC CLI & $6,000 Navy CLI
  • $25,000 Apple MC 

I'm gonna take a good beating when these all posts lol Discover is the only one so far so I'm prepping for a good freeze

Message 9 of 29
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I love my Nordy Visa! Its a wonderful card!

Thanks @ghgirll123 and @AnimalHouse121! I think cards like these are just great during holiday seasons - crazy sales and extra discounts, perfect for buying gifts for everyone, and then just some shopping for me and my girl thru the year. She'll get more mileage out of these than I will. I'm sure the nubmers will etch off in no time Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.