cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom and Luggage Causes Macy's CreditYOLO (UPDATE 6/5/20)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Nordstrom and Luggage Causes Macy's CreditYOLO (UPDATE 6/5/20)

Now that my scores have updated, I decided to make some rounds to request CLIs. It had been a while since I last called Nordy's and I decided yesterday was the day. I passed on the alcohol in order to shake up my luck and figured I should get something since the account hit 1 year last month.

The CSR picks up with a sigh and sounds like she's over it. I'm now starting to wish I had at least done a shot, but no turning back now. I asked her if it would be possible to request a CLI and she lets out a heavy sigh (should have taken a couple shots). She then proceeds to tell me that Nordstrom is not doing any CLIs because the stores are closed, so you can't use it anyways, and they don't know when the ability will return.

Silence for about 5 seconds.

She asks me rudely if there's anything else I need, so I tell her, "Can you go ask if I can still use my card online at your website?" She tells me with a condescending tone and sigh that of course I can use it online. So I ask, "then why wouldn't I be able to use my CLI anyways?"

Silence for about 10 seconds.

I start to say that I guess we're done here and she hangs up on me before I finish. 😮

Heartbroken over being scorned by my luxury department sidestore, I decided to go stalk my true love, Macy's. As I browsed the many pages of discounted luxury items, I was mocked by banner, after banner, telling me I could save 20% today and tomorrow if I applied for a Macy's card (up to $100 total). I wrung my hands and rent my Transformers PJs while lamenting burning Citi years ago on a Best Buy card out of spite. Despite putting the blame on Best Buy, I knew the truth, Macy's had never loved me after mixing up mine and my father's credit report showing a BK. It didn't matter how good my credit was, she would never give the time of day. I was ready to close my browser window in shame when I accidentally scrolled down and saw something that would change my life forever.

R2D2 carry-on luggage. And it was on sale for 65% off! 😵 Swayed by pop culture themed luggage, I made my way to the credit app and filled it out. #CreditYOLO

After submitting, I immediately regretted the decision. Thoughts ran through my head like I already have too many inquiries, I'm supposed to be gardening, and what if Macy's calls the cops and files for a restraining order?

The little wheel spun in sync with my palpatating heart for what seemed like an eternity. And then it stopped. And as the next screen loaded I read the congratulations, you've been approved with a credit limit of $300 (womp womp). I know it's a baby limit, but I began to weep and sob with joy. Macy's finally acknowledged I was alive! Even though she just wanted to copy my homework, it was like she asked me to come over to her house to listen to records after school. I finished my purchase and can't wait to get my luggage. Datapoints below.

PhotoGrid_1590872131715.jpg

EX: 649 FICO 8

Inquiries: 17

Scorable inquiries: 5

AoOA: 21 yrs, 8 mos

AAoA: 6 yrs, 5 mos

AoYA: 3 mos

Auto Loan: 75% utilization

Lates: 6 over 3.5 years old

Chargeoffs: 1 open for $1400 total

Collections: 3 open for $1500

Utilization w/ chargeoff: 8%

Utilization w/o chargeoff: 0.003% (reporting as 0)

Income: $67,555

DTI: 0.009%

48 REPLIES 48
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Nordstrom and Luggage Causes Macy's CreditYOLO

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 49
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on them Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 49
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 4 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

... approved with a credit limit of $300 ...

Now watch that bad boy grow! Smiley Happy Congrats & thanks for the DPs (and entertaining tale Smiley LOL). 

Message 5 of 49
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 6 of 49
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

LOL @Brian_Earl_Spilner  - Congrats on the Macys Win! 

Message 7 of 49
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

That thing is ugly, though. 

Couldn't you have bought some nice socks instead? Or something for me.

Anything but Dungeons And Dragons In Space 

Message 8 of 49
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner  that was the hardest I laughed all day and I needed that! Congratulations!

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and thanks for the laughs!

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.