Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstroms scl 5000 but not Visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstroms scl 5000 but not Visa

I applied for a Nordstroms card in store yesterday because I was told by the sales clerk she could not sell me an item because it was apart of the Anniversary sale and I needed to be a rewards member in order to purchase. I applied and was approved they gave me the little packet and I purchased a few items totaling $250 with my new card. When I reviewed the packet the scl was missing so I called today to find out and rep said 5000. I asked if it was a Visa she replied no. Can anyone here kindly explain if you know how it is possible to have a 5000 limit without it being a Visa. Your responses are much appreciated:🙂

don't know my scores and had roughly 6 pulls in the last month I'm going to register for credit monitoring service soon)

Hello everyone Smiley Happy this forum has been an amazing help for me during my credit building process. I found this forum less than one month ago and I've been encouraged to start my credit journey and I feel so prepared with all the data I gathered in this short time

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstroms scl 5000 but not Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for a Nordstroms card in store yesterday because I was told by the sales clerk she could not sell me an item because it was apart of the Anniversary sale and I needed to be a rewards member in order to purchase. I applied and was approved they gave me the little packet and I purchased a few items totaling $250 with my new card. When I reviewed the packet the scl was missing so I called today to find out and rep said 5000. I asked if it was a Visa she replied no. Can anyone here kindly explain if you know how it is possible to have a 5000 limit without it being a Visa. Your responses are much appreciated:🙂

don't know my scores and had roughly 6 pulls in the last month I'm going to register for credit monitoring service soon)

Hello everyone Smiley Happy this forum has been an amazing help for me during my credit building process. I found this forum less than one month ago and I've been encouraged to start my credit journey and I feel so prepared with all the data I gathered in this short time

Congrats on the approval! I am sorry they made you sign up for the card to purchase the item.

I was under the impression that you can now be a Nordstrom rewards member without having the credit or debit card; The banner discussing it poped up for months on their site, I am assuming it had something to do with them selling their credit portfolio; and them continuing to manage the rewards program.

I never signed up for rewards; I am still upset with them. I had to sign up for their Debit card, to get the rewards(before they made the change) You would have thought I was applying for a credit card; after being approved they wanted a power bill, copy of id, copy of bank statements, and I think they even wanted a copy of my ssc. They would not let me email them, they had to be mailed in! I just gave up and shredded the card. I did not need to fight that much to have their crazy debit card.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you depdep8! So much appreciate your reply!!

Nordstroms is becoming my favorite place to shop. I always do my shopping online but had a last minute invite so I had to drag myself to the store to find an outfit. When the salesclerk told me she would not be able to sell me the item I was in a little disbelief! I was willing to pay for the non anniversary price and go on my way. I was not looking to for another card as I just picked up my first 4 cards in the last month and I knew from reading this awesome forum I needed to keep my inquiries down as much as possible. I'm ecstatic to have this card but will go back to online so I'm not pressured from their sales tactics lol

So crazy they asked you for your life history when getting a debit card !! The funds would be taken out of your bank. I am beginning or trying to understand these creditors thinking process or should I say I'm being to understand the lack of thinking process 🙂

Thank you again🙂
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is strange. Well, you have your Nordstom's card, though. Smiley HappyI love Nordstrom! Congratulations on your new card!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry OP. That is strange that you did not get the visa version. From what i have heard that your score must be in the 700 tange to obtain the visa version but i am not entirely too sure about that. I would suggest tl call csr and asked to be upgraded and see what they say. Good luck!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks musiclover!! I thought it was strange too
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Awleesha13!

I I called, they do not no why the retail was chooses but could not consider the upgrade until September 😔 Oh well I have more than enough cards right now so I will take the few months to contemplate going through the request for an upgrade
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update if anyone is curiousSmiley Happy

I signed up for a monitoring service that shows my EX @721 and the Nordstroms card is already added as an account on my report.. That was super quick!
Message 8 of 12
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

My store card is at $6k, only asked about the upgrade once when my CL was increased to 6k, card was about 8-9 mos. old, said I wasn't eligible. Figure I'll try again in a couple of months when it's 2 yrs.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks countingpennies, I'm going to just let it take its course and not worry about it just stay focused on credit building and try not to worry about what I don't have be thankful for what I do
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.