cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Sure how this Happened, but AMEX DG Skymiles Approved! With past burns.....3yrs ago - Go figure!

tag
dre90
New Contributor

Not Sure how this Happened, but AMEX DG Skymiles Approved! With past burns.....3yrs ago - Go figure!

So....I posted a few months ago about my history with Amex and it was a short and nasty history with them. Long story short, I burned them in the past for upwards of $14K and they settled with me in court. This was 3 years ago. Although I knew they blacklist anyone who burns them, I attempted to have my girlfriend add me as an AU to her AMEX account so that I can possibly be removed from blacklist - I knew I was blacklisted and would not get approved with no HP.

Anyways fast forward to this month, I checked the pre-approval  and was not expecting anything, but they had me pre-qualified for their DG Skymiles card for a promo that is not actually listed on their site - 35,000 miles vs 60,000 miles on their website now, with $1000 spend in 3 months. I applied for it  last week and immediately got the doomed 14 day message. Tried apping for their other charge card based on review of their lower UW requirements and was instantly denied due to my credit - HP. I tried applying for the DG card again, but instantly cancelled according to their status page.

Now today, surprisingly, I got the approval email for the original DG Skymiles card I applied for for $1000 SL.  I was in shock and am still in shock. But I will take it, happy that I am finally back in after only 3 years and will take my time to maintain this relationship with them much better than before. Although, my most used and favorite card to use today is my UBER Visa from Barclays because of their insane cash back program! DP below:

EX - 700

EQ - 666

TU - 707

About 20+ inqs, lol don't ask, holiday 2018. Most of those cards are closed and paid off though. About 2 years of solid rebuilding. A freshly paid off car loan and just one deferred student loan. Hope this helps anyone who is looking to rejoin AMEX.

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not Sure how this Happened, but AMEX DG Skymiles Approved! With past burns.....3yrs ago - Go fig

wow, very encouraging for those that want to get back inSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Not Sure how this Happened, but AMEX DG Skymiles Approved! With past burns.....3yrs ago - Go fig

Congrats and thanks for the data points!
Message 3 of 11
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with AmEx and for sharing your story and DPs!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome back Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval and getting back in with Amex! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 7 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

BOOM !!!...You...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your DeltaGold Skymiles approval and Welcome Back to the AmEx family!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on getting back in with AMEX!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 11
spickeri
Valued Member

Congrats on your approval!

TU 686
EQ 680
EX 703
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.