Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not an Apple Card approval

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Not an Apple Card approval

I have some known upcoming out of cycle spend so I picked up 2 cards to take advantage of the opportunity to collect some SUB.

Alliant CU has a targeted promo for 25,000 bonus point SUB (=$250) for $3K spend in 90 days on the Platinum card w/Rewards 2% CB card.  Instant approval for $10K 15.49% APR (lowest). Already met the spend with dental work.   TU HP. 

Standard WF Propel card with the $300 SUB/$3K spend in 90 days.  I''ll  meet that with some unstructured spend and a known off-cycle purchase coming in about 60 days.   Instant approval, $6K SL (ha! whatever) @Anonymous.99% APR.  EX HP. 

Both issuers previously gave me side eye due to many new accounts which for them is typical and I suspect impacted the SL.  I'd have to do math for exact numbers but I'm roughly down now to about 40/24 and 18/12. 

Current FICO 8 scores are currently 3-5 points higher than in the .signature, current FICO9 scores are all either 835 or 836. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Not an Apple Card approval

Congrats! x 2.  Like your titleSmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 22
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Wish I could kudo a second time for the title.

Message 3 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry , you said 🍎😛

Congrats @coldfusionSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry cf, Did not recognise you at first.

So Congrats!!

Thought The title read "another Apple Card approval" guess my bad.

and the Avatar threw me off.Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait....people are applying for cards other than the Apple Card?

Message 6 of 22
AverageJoe1970
Contributor

Smiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait....people are applying for cards other than the Apple Card?

Wasn't always this way. Lessons learned.
Scores: Exp838 || Tu840 || Equ839
Credit Card Collection: Chase Sapphire Reserve 48K || Chase United 43K || Barclays Apple 39K || AMEX CASH 37K || BOA CASH 35K || Apple 25K || FNB AMEX 20K || Chase Amazon 15K ||
Utilization: >1%
Message 7 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your 2 new cards Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

I have some known upcoming out of cycle spend so I picked up 2 cards to take advantage of the opportunity to collect some SUB.

Alliant CU has a targeted promo for 25,000 bonus point SUB (=$250) for $3K spend in 90 days on the Platinum card w/Rewards 2% CB card.  Instant approval for $10K 15.49% APR (lowest). Already met the spend with dental work.   TU HP. 

Standard WF Propel card with the $300 SUB/$3K spend in 90 days.  I''ll  meet that with some unstructured spend and a known off-cycle purchase coming in about 60 days.   Instant approval, $6K SL (ha! whatever) @Anonymous.99% APR.  EX HP. 

Both issuers previously gave me side eye due to many new accounts which for them is typical and I suspect impacted the SL.  I'd have to do math for exact numbers but I'm roughly down now to about 40/24 and 18/12

Current FICO 8 scores are currently 3-5 points higher than in the .signature, current FICO9 scores are all either 835 or 836. 

My hero!!!  Smiley Very Happy   Congrats on the non-Fruit MC approvals...especially Alliant.  That was the toughest nut to crack for me back in 2015!  Well done on both sir!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.