cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not your average Capital One Credit Limit Increase(S)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not your average Capital One Credit Limit Increase(S)

I got my Capital One card in 2014. It went from $500 to $750 then stopped (Likely due to my fraud alert). At the time I had bad credit so I didn't bother requesting CLI's. Once I started to clean it up everytime I requested one I was denied and later received a letter saying I had a fraud alert and Capital One could not reach me. I later found that I never listed my phone number. At the beginning of this month I added my number and requested an increase. I played phone tag a couple times and ended up requesting another increase online in case they weren't going to call again. Monday I received a call from the fraud department and they granted me an increase of $1,000 bringing me to $1750. Then today I received another call from the fraud department from my last request and they gave me an additional $500 bringing me to $2250! From what I've read this is not typical at all and I am not quite sure why they granted me another increase before 6 months. Just thought I'd share Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not your average Capital One Credit Limit Increase(S)

Interesting, grats on the dual CLIs
Message 2 of 13
thummel
Established Contributor

Congrats
Message 3 of 13
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Interesting! Congratulations!! 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everybody!

Message 5 of 13
padme
Established Contributor

congrats, if i were you, id hit up the capone preq page. take the best limit card or two you can... thye must like u

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the CLIs

Message 7 of 13
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@padme wrote:

congrats, if i were you, id hit up the capone preq page. take the best limit card or two you can... thye must like u

I don't think they show up for me because of my fraud alert? I was also just approved for a QS1 the other day though. I think the double increase had to do more with the fraud alert and possibly not completing the steps program? I only went from $500 to $750 in 2014 and that's where it stopped.

Message 9 of 13
TiminCO
Valued Member

Do you really have 4 Venture cards?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.