cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Barclays ***out of garden*** HP CLI. Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Barclays ***out of garden*** HP CLI. Approved!

So, I've had my Barclays card with it's starting limit of $1k, since opening (Oct 2015), a little over two years.

So, we all know that in order to get more credit with them, they MUST do a HP. I finally got the urge to unfreeze and see what they were gonna do for me. Because I mean, two hard-heads achieve nothing.

Me refusing to unfreeze ... they're not doing an increase with a locked report, so...

I had applied for an increase, as I previously did in the past, with locked reports to see if anything changed. Nope!

They sent a letter saying: "Need additional information for Credit. Which means, I need to unfreeze. So tonight, I decided I will do it!

Called, spoke with credit and they asked if all 3 are frozen. Yes. I told them which one I was going to unfreeze (TU) and that was all they were getting (my words)...OK! That was good enough. So, I initially asked for $25k. He pulled TU and commended me on my excellent financial responsibility in handling all of the accounts I have.

He asked me why I wanted 25k. I told him that ultimately, I'd like to send more business Barclays way and also do some remodeling.

Said he couldn't sign-off on the full 25, but if I'd take 20, that's what he could do. SOLD!

Guess it's seeding time @ the garden again!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OK Barclays ***out of garden*** HP CLI. Approved!

Wow. What an increase.. Congrats...    What are the pros / cons of Freezing a credit report. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 20K is worth a HP imo! 

*Sidenote: You do not have to do a HP to get an increase with Barclay. Search it. I’ve never received an HP for my increases. I didn’t get 20K, but I got increases. (I never specified amounts). 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot. freezing a report prevents unauthorized pulls of your credit report. Especially, if you're an ID theft victim, having all 3 of them frozen, helps out tremendously. Meaning, if you have great credit, the thief cannot open any new lines of credit in your name - period!
It's also useful, if you have a spouse that likes to get new accounts in your name without permission...freeze your reports!

Also, knowing you have your reports frozen, (with the daunting task of unfreezing), would prevent you from cold-apping, for new credit, willy-nilly.
Report freezing to me, is a very useful feature.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

O cool.. Thanks!!!   

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Davio, charge wiselySmiley Wink

It being Barclays, i hope you intend to to use it more cuz i could just imagine them noting this requext in your records and voicing that you want to give more business, then you but a pack a gum once in awhileSmiley Wink. Barclays giveth and Barclays taketh. Lol, im not sure id be comfortable having huge limits with SirB and Cap One but thats just crazy me haha. 2 compsnies i cant get anywaySmiley Wink

Enjoy your new limit, ill raise my coffee in a toastSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome increase and good use of an HP. However, I wanted to add that you don't need an HP to get a CLI from Barclays. Most people ask for a lower APR from the front line agent and if they qualify they get transferred to someone else. That person can then provide a lower APR, a small SP CLI or both depending on what offers are on your account. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! Now thats a cli! congrats!!!!

Message 8 of 9
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8, i had barclay NFL card before to for like 2 years ,they never cli ,all they did hp tu ...so i close card myself and move on.will never want anything from them.they suck just like synchrony r.i.p and chase.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.