cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Approved Capital One Quicksilver! First Credit Card after rebuild!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Approved Capital One Quicksilver! First Credit Card after rebuild!

I'm pretty pumped right now.

I dont know what made me do it, I already had this idea that I was 99.9% going to get denied.

I am capital one customer already, have a $400 secured with them which they just raised to $700.

Then I had a 2 collections removed but still 3 remaining. 

My transunion score is 560 and experian is 568 , so yeah pretty bad still but was in 400s 6 months ago.

So I gave it a try and BOOM! Approved for $300 on the quicksilver! Im just pumped its a cashback card!

I know its small but its a start!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! Approved Capital One Quicksilver! First Credit Card after rebuild!

Congrats. That is where I started 1 year and 1 month ago with scores in the high 400's and low 500's. That first card grew to $750 in 6 months and didn't do anything else after that. That said, I now have just about $30K in open revolving credit and just got back in with Amex with the Gold PRG card this week. I have cards with BOA, NFCU, Discover, Amex, Capital One!

My current scores (which I am anticipating to increase over the next week or two) are:

EQ: 638

TU: 649

EX: 659 (just 11 points from "good")!

Great feeling! Happy New Year!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, happy for you!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOOHOO! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S . Happy 2018 and remember to charge wisely!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot guys! Yeah capital one automatically increased the limit on my secured card from $400 to $700.

Hopefully they do the same with this or I will do a manual increase in maybe 3 months.

I spent quite a lot on my card, about $2k a month

Message 5 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats! Getting back into credit approvals after challenges is a good feeling. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done! Tebuilds can be challenging and fun at same time. Greater days lie aheadSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

God is gr8!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty pumped right now.

I dont know what made me do it, I already had this idea that I was 99.9% going to get denied.

I am capital one customer already, have a $400 secured with them which they just raised to $700.

Then I had a 2 collections removed but still 3 remaining. 

My transunion score is 560 and experian is 568 , so yeah pretty bad still but was in 400s 6 months ago.

So I gave it a try and BOOM! Approved for $300 on the quicksilver! Im just pumped its a cashback card!

I know its small but its a start!

Congrats!!!! Thats what I started with in June. 300, asked for the cli after the 3rd statement. That got me to 400 and with credit steps got bumped to 750. Now 6 months in I have an in with Chase, AMEX , and citi. Just use it a lot, and PIF. Little time and patience you will be getting those prime cards and higher SL 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robot Very Happy Sweet! Congrats!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.