Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! Approved!!

tag
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Re: OMG!! Approved!!

Wow - that's amazing progress for so short a time at it! Clearly you're working hard at getting things in order. Congratulations on your new cards!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the prequalify process. This was the first time ever it came up with options and I read here that if it shows a specific interest rate and it's a good sign. I held my breath and submitted the app...approved!! 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval.  If the 'lab' part of your username refers to the dog breed, even a bigger congrats.  Have 3 of them myself, one in each color.

Message 13 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval.  If the 'lab' part of your username refers to the dog breed, even a bigger congrats.  Have 3 of them myself, one in each color.

Green, gold and platinum? Smiley Wink

Congrats OP! Welcome to the Amex family.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Congrats on the approvals.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So my next question...should I cancel the Surge card? Is it hurting me?

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for amex everyday card but I made a mistake when applying cause I wanted the bce but I went ahead and applied for that one to but I had to wait 5 days on their decision. So I woke up this morning and checked my email guess what I was approved for that one as well. Just 2 months ago I had gotten denied. My fico score Tu 645 Eq 651 Ex 672 scores has jumped since October of last year. My reports has a lot of babbdies on them but they are all paid off. I have good history with car payments. Not so good with student loans but i was able to get in a program based on my family size and income. Now all I can do is keep it clean and wait for these old medical bills to fall off. But I am so excited because I had terrible credit just over 9 months ago. Btw it all started from a capital one secure card.
Message 17 of 21
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Amex and QS approvals

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 18 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my next question...should I cancel the Surge card? Is it hurting me?

Yes! Yes! Yes!  That card has an insane maintenance fee, insane APR, and I don't believe they can ever grow to more than a $500 credit line.  Absolutely nothing going for it and that company's offerings make Credit One look like reasonable lenders.  I actually lampooned some of their other cards in another recent thread.  This card has no purpose whatsoever other than for you to pay them to report an account in good standing to the CBs.  You are well past the need for them!  Sorry if that comes off a little aggressive, but after stumbling across them, I find them outright offensive and I understand accepting whatever credit you can get; it's not you, it's them.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you k-in-Boston!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.