cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! Back in w/ USAA 5 1/2yrs post BK/DC :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! Back in w/ USAA 5 1/2yrs post BK/DC :)

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Pizza1!    As a non military person and no way to get full membership with USAA, can I still apply for a credit card if I open a checking account with the $25 minimum?  I think I once read the APR might be a little higher for non military and full members.  My mother was in Viet Nam but she never had insurance with USAA.

You would qualify for membership since your mother served. My wife was able to join because of her dad. We IIB’d them 9/12, so the full 7 years is coming up this year. I still have some work to get my EX scores up to where pizza’s are...

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

hooray Pizza1!!!!!! So very happy for you!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scooter.  I've been looking for the answer for quite some time.

Message 13 of 34
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 14 of 34
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats! 

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Pizza1!    As a non military person and no way to get full membership with USAA, can I still apply for a credit card if I open a checking account with the $25 minimum?  I think I once read the APR might be a little higher for non military and full members.  My mother was in Viet Nam but she never had insurance with USAA.

You would qualify for membership since your mother served. My wife was able to join because of her dad. We IIB’d them 9/12, so the full 7 years is coming up this year. I still have some work to get my EX scores up to where pizza’s are...

Sorry for the derail pizza but I thought that they had to have been a USAA member AND purchased insurance them to be able to sponsor other members? Being family is enough for NFCU but USAA is a lot stricter.

Message 16 of 34
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for the derail pizza but I thought that they had to have been a USAA member AND purchased insurance them to be able to sponsor other members? Being family is enough for NFCU but USAA is a lot stricter.

@Anonymous, hopefully this clears up any confusionSmiley Happy My Dad is retired Military, so Im eligible for everything, a full member,  and have been since I joined years ago. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.40.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.39.10 PM.png

Message 17 of 34
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats Pizza!!

I love USAA!!!  Good for you!! massbounce.gif

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, hopefully this clears up any confusionSmiley Happy My Dad is retired Military, so Im eligible for everything, a full member,  and have been since I joined years ago. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.40.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-12 at 10.39.10 PM.png

Actually USAA seems to be incredibly confusing. My father is former Air Force (honorable discharge) but for me to be eligible now, he would have to have been a USAA member and purchased insurance from them to be able to sponsor me as a member. It seems they change their field of membership every now and then and they tightened it up now. I wasn't calling your eligibility into question, I was asking if Scooter was sure that a parent serving was enough as the most recent data I found said that the eligible parent had to be a member who purchased insurance.

Anyway, sorry for the derail, congrats again! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizza1 you are on a very solid HOT streak! Impressive to say the least ... got'ta be a good feeling knowing you can ignore the "bottom feeders" now Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.