cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!!! Back w/ CHASE post BK! Amazon Visa!!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OMG!!! Back w/ CHASE post BK! Amazon Visa!!!!

Holy mother of all recons!!!!  😳

Ok... so a little history for those of you who don't  know , but Chase was IIB in 2013, and I've tried relentlessly to get back in with them with no luck. I didn't care what card 💳 I had, just needed "IN".  

So last night, I decided to just go for it again, and of course if you have a BK reporting the computer automatically declines you for that, so "waiting out the app" is not an option for people like me with the auto declines. Anyway, called in immediately for recon and was told that it was auto declined for that, and long story short..... I did one hell of a recon, my best one yet!!! Lol!! 😉

She told me she put in a recommendation for approval but that I needed to call verification for further processing. I did, they sent text to cell phone, asked a few public questions and other questions, and after that.... approved! Couldn't believe it!! I was prepared to call back for a 2nd recon! I even told her I was just wanting a foot in with a low sl of $300 and didn't care about apr either.  

So imagine my shock at the $3k approval!! I will treat this card very carefully rebuilding my history once again with Chase, and ride this high wave for the rest of the year!!  Will need to garden for 2 yrs if I want  freedom or another legacy card and not co-branded, but giving them 2 yrs of rebuilt history with them, I should have no problem getting any of their cards at that point.  I did not apply for prime card as I'm not that big of an amazon person, and I got the "silver " colored card 😊

Anyway... pulled EX (only one open), 25+/24,  and like 80+ inq/24, fico8  681, $3k/22.7%, have no banking history with them, just past cc. 

IMG_6956.PNG

117 REPLIES 117
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: OMG!!! Back w/ CHASE post BK! Amazon Visa!!!!

That's a nice welcome back, pizza!

Go Chase!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 118
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval ,you have 80+ inq on exp or on all 3 combined?

Message 3 of 118
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Very generous limit of Chase with a welcome back.  Now trick is to stay in the garden for two years so you can get a legacy card of theirs.

Message 4 of 118
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats Pizza. That's awesome. 🍕
(Glad to know I'm not the only one with 80 Ex inq)
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news!!!  I so admire people with the courage to do the work and recon.  That's one thing I've never done.....Great job !!!!!  Great welcome back limit too!

Message 6 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

I burned them back in 2009 for about $5k and they instantly approved me for the Amazon Visa last month!! I was soooo excited, especially that first time I signed on to their website with my very own login information.  It was such a huge moment in my rebuilding so I completely understand where you are coming from.

I also have to wait 2 years to try for any of the main cards but....on a total whim I applied for the Chase Fairmont on Sunday and the approved me for that also, $5k SL!!!

The only reason I applied for that is because it is a card that is likely going away and the rumor is it might get PC'd to one of their other cards (Freedom etc).  I thought that may be away for me to get a "real" Chase card without waiting out the 5/24.  I was stunned when they approved me, especially since they pulled EXP which is, by far, my lowest score and worst report.  Numerous baddies that aren't on the other 2.  Not to mention a crap ton of inquiries and new accts.  

I'm still waiting on the "Oooops, you were approved my mistake" email to come.  Smiley Happy 

Anyway, YAY for the growing "Back in with Chase" crowd!!!!
Message 7 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pizza, Aren't you way over the 5/24 rule?

Message 8 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! You are grandmaster at recon!!May be you should spin off a thread on How to Reconsider like a champ😎
Message 9 of 118
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I can't seem to get back with Chase as they are being mean to me and I dont want to please and begging them with recon. Good news is I just got back with Bank of America yesterday after I burn them and Chase awhile back. Chase still have a grudge on me 😥.
Message 10 of 118
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.