OMG Capital one approval !

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: OMG Capital one approval !

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  - I am in - 

So, Capital One has never populated and Pre Approvals for me even with all high 700's across the board. 
BUT - the last 60 days I carry a little tiny balance which makes my total utilization go from 0 -> 3% (paid off now but hasn't reported yet) Capital One gives me a SavorOne Pre-Approval ????? - so I pulled the trigger. To my surprised - approved with the LOWEST SL of any of my cards $2000.00 - but I guess I am in with Capital One again - I burned them like 15 years ago. 

DP 

Pulled Experian - High 700's

Pulled Transunion - High 700's

funny thing is I have not got a notification on Equifax Pull yet. 

3% Utilization ( actually 0 now ) 

lol/24

lol/ inquires

who would of known Cap1 like people who carry's balances ???

Pretty sure many lenders like people carrying balancesSmiley Wink. Always great to get back in with a lender after 🔥.  Took me about about the same time to get back in with my local bankSmiley Wink

It's like CC Companies is a double edge sword.

You carry a balance - u pay interest, ur util goes up and banks think you can't pay it off 

You use it take full advantage of the rewards and pay it off every month .... banks think your not using the card at all ? 
makes no sense. 
@AverageJoesCredit i am with you on this one, they like balances carried and shown on credit reports. 

thank you all

Message 11 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Cap1 Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 12 of 16
Cazzieboy
Established Member

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  - I am in - 

So, Capital One has never populated and Pre Approvals for me even with all high 700's across the board. 
BUT - the last 60 days I carry a little tiny balance which makes my total utilization go from 0 -> 3% (paid off now but hasn't reported yet) Capital One gives me a SavorOne Pre-Approval ????? - so I pulled the trigger. To my surprised - approved with the LOWEST SL of any of my cards $2000.00 - but I guess I am in with Capital One again - I burned them like 15 years ago. 

DP 

lol/24

lol/ inquires

I did a pre-approval recently with them and was offered a choice on three different cards. Didn't

take any initially, but was considering it until a few days later when I received a letter from them reminding

me of the balance when I defaulted several years ago. Not sure how that picture would have turned

out if I had accepted their approval.

Message 13 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting back in with Cap-1 Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@PointsBonus wrote:

@FinStar  - I am in - 

DP 

lol/24

lol/ inquires

Pretty sure many lenders like people carrying balancesSmiley Wink. Always great to get back in with a lender after 🔥.  Took me about about the same time to get back in with my local bankSmiley Wink

It's like CC Companies is a double edge sword.

You carry a balance - u pay interest, ur util goes up and banks think you can't pay it off 

You use it take full advantage of the rewards and pay it off every month .... banks think your not using the card at all ? 
makes no sense. 
@AverageJoesCredit i am with you on this one, they like balances carried and shown on credit reports. 

thank you all

Funny thing is I do that with Amex, PIF all my charges but  I guess the amount of spend , my low income,   and previous history play a bigger part as they have taken away any chance at cli, pl no longer show and I even saw a no sub for you deal. It's OK,  lender diversity allow me to spend elswhereSmiley Wink

Message 15 of 16
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Capital One approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.