Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! Discover Secured Graduation!! :-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!! Discover Secured Graduation!! :-)

Hi all,

I am so happy I am shaking! So I have had my Discover Secured Card for a whopping 32 months. Yes, you read that right... almost 3 years. I admit I haven't been the best with it so it is my fault, I own it! Opened the card with a credit score of around 525 or so and put $400. The biggest mistake I made over the years was going over the limit. Sometimes by $50, sometimes by $.06. Over the last 6-7 months I have made it a point to make sure I am not over the limit and to pay more than the minimum. I paid the card off on February 5th. Didn't really use it much after that. If I did use it, I would pay it off before the statement cut. I sent a message in the live chat last month explaining how long I'd had the card and asking if/when the card would again be reviewed to possibly unsecure. The rep responded saying that the card is reviewed monthly so I shrugged and said ok. Put a little more on the card but made a payment towards the balance which posted yesterday. So I logged in this morning to see how much the remaining balance was, because I intend to pay that off within the next two weeks and my available credit showed $1,795 out of $2,000. I just sit there staring at the phone. Am I reading that right? This has got to be wrong! Why does it say that? Seriously people I am slow sometimes! I logged off and logged back in. Still said the same thing... DUH! Your card has unsecured!! *Eyes start to water!!* OMG!!! $2,000 limit?! I totally was not expecting that. Maybe $1,000 but $2,000? I am so happy y'all!! I haven't received the email yet but I did check on the computer and it still says the same thing! Woohoo!!

To the people who have a secured card that think it will never unsecure... It will!! And to the people who are considering or just getting this card. Do RIGHT by the card and Discover will do RIGHT by you. Don't be like me and screw yourself over for 32 months!!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!! Discover Secured Graduation!! :-)

Congratulations on your graduation! 👍

Message 2 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your graduation and CLI!

Message 4 of 32
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I am so happy I am shaking!

That's Awesome....happy, happy, happy!  Happy Dance fo' sho!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 32
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

#3Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I am so happy I am shaking! So I have had my Discover Secured Card for a whopping 32 months. Yes, you read that right... almost 3 years. I admit I haven't been the best with it so it is my fault, I own it! Opened the card with a credit score of around 525 or so and put $400. The biggest mistake I made over the years was going over the limit. Sometimes by $50, sometimes by $.06. Over the last 6-7 months I have made it a point to make sure I am not over the limit and to pay more than the minimum. I paid the card off on February 5th. Didn't really use it much after that. If I did use it, I would pay it off before the statement cut. I sent a message in the live chat last month explaining how long I'd had the card and asking if/when the card would again be reviewed to possibly unsecure. The rep responded saying that the card is reviewed monthly so I shrugged and said ok. Put a little more on the card but made a payment towards the balance which posted yesterday. So I logged in this morning to see how much the remaining balance was, because I intend to pay that off within the next two weeks and my available credit showed $1,795 out of $2,000. I just sit there staring at the phone. Am I reading that right? This has got to be wrong! Why does it say that? Seriously people I am slow sometimes! I logged off and logged back in. Still said the same thing... DUH! Your card has unsecured!! *Eyes start to water!!* OMG!!! $2,000 limit?! I totally was not expecting that. Maybe $1,000 but $2,000? I am so happy y'all!! I haven't received the email yet but I did check on the computer and it still says the same thing! Woohoo!!

To the people who have a secured card that think it will never unsecure... It will!! And to the people who are considering or just getting this card. Do RIGHT by the card and Discover will do RIGHT by you. Don't be like me and screw yourself over for 32 months!!

Kudos!! Congrats to you!! This happened to me last month, I couldn't believe it either. Enjoy your new CLI and remember to keep up your great credit habits!! 

Message 7 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

#3Smiley Tongue

@Anonymous  Is giving us competition. :smileytongue

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous.  Is giving us competition. Smiley Tongue

Catch up, AllZero Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous.  Is giving us competition. Smiley Tongue

Catch up, AllZero Smiley Wink

You can have the morning shift. Good night. 😴

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.