Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! NFCU SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG! NFCU SL

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. Good luck on your continued rebuild

Message 12 of 23
Ajaye55
Valued Member

Thanks for your encouragement!

5/27/2017 Fico EQ(4+4)-678(+11)/TU(4+5)-680(-6)/EX(8+4)-683(+15)
Finally broke the 650 ceiling. On my way to 700+. Total available credit $45100, started at $350 2/2016

USAA Secured-$3000/Wal-Mart-$3500/Macy's-$3000/NFCU nRewards-$10000/NFCU GoRewards-$16600/
Amazon-$3000/VS-$1350/Target-$800/Cap1QS AU-$750/ Cap1Plat-$1100/THD-$2000
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SL, congrats.

Tee~

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Congrats!!

CreditContractor, the MyFICO part is tiny in the grand scheme of things. They began accepting veterans like myself in February and grew from 6 million to 7 million members in less than 2 months!

I didn't realize they just started accepting veterans in February. As I applied in February. Never heard of them until mentioned on here. I could have also gained access as my father was retired military.  Very generous.  Probably easy to collect from active military if they default.  

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did they have 6 million members without veterans? In 2015, there were only 326,253 active personnel and 57,859 reserve personnel in the Navy. And around 1 to 1.5 million active members in the other military branches.

Message 16 of 23
JustcallmeTM
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How did they have 6 million members without veterans? In 2015, there were only 326,253 active personnel and 57,859 reserve personnel in the Navy. And around 1 to 1.5 million active members in the other military branches.

Former active service members like myself who has had NFCU since 1999, once your in your in, you in for life unless you close it then your SOL getting back in (they do tend to block people who closed there account previously my friend went through this and had to wait years before getting back in). Believe it or not alot of miltary people use NFCU/USAA for there banks. When we are in bootcamp they push credit unions and lower tier banks. 

In bootcamp I had Great Lakes(Mistake) Credit Union, before moving onto NFCU when I got to my duty station in Washington State. These specific CU are tailored more towards active service members and ex service members who kept there accounts open like I did even when I didn't use them for the years after I got out.

With big banks you have to go through more paperwork and BS to say you are being deployed and won't be state side compared to NFCU

Like the poster before you said, zero way you can mess up with any bank in the miltary anymore. Any bank can garnish your whole check if you leave it in the negative or you bounce a check. Once they put in the proper paperwork to personnel to garnish money due its pretty much a wrap, you can't argue, complain or fight it, they won't even tell you they let you wait until you see your check. You try and move it they will track it and freeze those accounts also. They don't have to follow the 10% rule either you are in the military, you have to be pretty dumb to not pay your bills while in.

I know this from watching someone in my old division get sent to the brig for bouncing checks and they garnished his check until it was all paid, they gave no craps that he was married with kids also. 

But the more I talk to them the more rules they putting in place. If one has opened a CC or loan in the last 30 days then there is zero chance they will approve you for any type of loan. This was my wife calling in to ask about a pre-approval offer for a loan, they started asking specific question during the application process before I stopped it. So the more civilians join the more harsher the rules will become, I guess it comes with the territory since they need to find a way to keep the civilians in check and avoid loses due to civilians and the ex service members also.

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 18 of 23
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@JustcallmeTM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Former active service members like myself who has had NFCU since 1999, once your in your in, you in for life unless you close it then your SOL getting back in (they do tend to block people who closed there account previously my friend went through this and had to wait years before getting back in). Believe it or not alot of miltary people use NFCU/USAA for there banks. When we are in bootcamp they push credit unions and lower tier banks. 

In bootcamp I had Great Lakes(Mistake) Credit Union, before moving onto NFCU when I got to my duty station in Washington State. These specific CU are tailored more towards active service members and ex service members who kept there accounts open like I did even when I didn't use them for the years after I got out.

With big banks you have to go through more paperwork and BS to say you are being deployed and won't be state side compared to NFCU

Like the poster before you said, zero way you can mess up with any bank in the miltary anymore. Any bank can garnish your whole check if you leave it in the negative or you bounce a check. Once they put in the proper paperwork to personnel to garnish money due its pretty much a wrap, you can't argue, complain or fight it, they won't even tell you they let you wait until you see your check. You try and move it they will track it and freeze those accounts also. They don't have to follow the 10% rule either you are in the military, you have to be pretty dumb to not pay your bills while in.

I know this from watching someone in my old division get sent to the brig for bouncing checks and they garnished his check until it was all paid, they gave no craps that he was married with kids also. 

But the more I talk to them the more rules they putting in place. If one has opened a CC or loan in the last 30 days then there is zero chance they will approve you for any type of loan. This was my wife calling in to ask about a pre-approval offer for a loan, they started asking specific question during the application process before I stopped it. So the more civilians join the more harsher the rules will become, I guess it comes with the territory since they need to find a way to keep the civilians in check and avoid loses due to civilians and the ex service members also.

I don't think this is correct.  I was approved for a CLOC and then was approved for an auto refinance within 30 days.  The refi was just at the beginning of this month and they used the same credit report.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 19 of 23
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Navy approval. Yeah I think you have to be sitting when you get that SL! same thing happened for me.

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.