Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! NFCU approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG!! NFCU approval!!

Congrats on your NFCU cashRewards approval! Sweet limit and APR too!

Message 11 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and Happy New Year!

Message 12 of 26
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 13 of 26
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Well congratulations on your instant approval and great SL. Job well done you earned it. Now enjoy the ride on the NFCU train 🚂 of love 👍.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 14 of 26
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

👍🎉Righton Congratulations on your approval ! Nfcu is awesome 😊
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, OP! Navy is AMAZING, isn't it? And so generous! 

@financialfreedom777 wrote:
Wow, thats amazing! Congrats! I wish I could get an in with NFCU but I don’t have an account as I have no military relatives 🥺

You can get in if you have a parent or grandparent who was in the military, even if they are already deceased. (I had ruled out Navy for a long time assuming that it had to be current, living relatives.) My dad qualified me (he passed away years ago) but I could have gotten in through my grandfather as well, who died before I was born. I wasn't asked for proof of any of this when I called in to join Navy. (I got my checking/savings account first—tried for a card later.) Proof of military service is available online should I need it. (They haven't yet ever asked, though.) If the family member served a while ago (like in the '50s or before, I believe) it's really easy to obtain.

Message 16 of 26
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Wow....very nice!
Message 17 of 26
rafy023
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP! That's amazing.

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, OP! Navy is AMAZING, isn't it? And so generous! 

@financialfreedom777 wrote:
Wow, thats amazing! Congrats! I wish I could get an in with NFCU but I don’t have an account as I have no military relatives 🥺

You can get in if you have a parent or grandparent who was in the military, even if they are already deceased. (I had ruled out Navy for a long time assuming that it had to be current, living relatives.) My dad qualified me (he passed away years ago) but I could have gotten in through my grandfather as well, who died before I was born. I wasn't asked for proof of any of this when I called in to join Navy. (I got my checking/savings account first—tried for a card later.) Proof of military service is available online should I need it. (They haven't yet ever asked, though.) If the family member served a while ago (like in the '50s or before, I believe) it's really easy to obtain.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the same situation... wish I could be eligible but my family is from another country so my grandfather served in the navy of his home country. I guess I'll live vicariously through all of you lol 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 18 of 26
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!! Keep that rebuild going.

Message 19 of 26
alvon123
Super Contributor

Well Done!! Congrats Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.