cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG!! NFCU approval!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

OMG!! NFCU approval!!

I am so happy that I am crying happy tears. I am 15 months post bk7 discharge. I opened a secured card through NFCU in March 2019 which graduated in September to $2000. In October I tried to apply for a second card but was denied. Tried to recon but they still said no.

Then yesterday I called NFCU to see if i'm prequalified for any cards... They told me no, that I only was offered the secured card. 

Well today I read Kathyups post about her own Navy approval for a second card 15 months post dc. Reading her success encouraged me to try one more time. I took a leap of faith and figured it's just 1 HP if it's a no then i'll try again in a year. Well I got an instant approval for the Cash Rewards!!! $12,500 SL Visa Signature with 11.15% APR. This is the highest CL I have ever had in my life!! 

I am so thankful for these forums. If not for reading others posts I never would have tried to go for it!

NFCU Cash Rewards $18,500
NFCU More Rewards Amex $6,000
Merrick DYL $1,400
Discover Secured $200
NFCU CLOC $500
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG!! NFCU approval!!

That's a real nice approval -- Congrats!

Is the TU 648 in your signature current? If so, that's a nice DP for those with middlin' scores.

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (05/20/2020): FICO 08 EXP: 743; TU: 751; EQ: 759
2020 Goal Score: 760 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.

12/18/19

05/27/20

Cards

Authorized User
Message 3 of 26
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Yes those scores are current!

NFCU Cash Rewards $18,500
NFCU More Rewards Amex $6,000
Merrick DYL $1,400
Discover Secured $200
NFCU CLOC $500
Message 4 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations!

Message 5 of 26
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 6 of 26
Highlighted

Persistence paid off, a great approval for you Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 26
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!!🤑🤑
Chapter 7 DC 10/23/18
Starting FICO 8 11/22/18

Current FICO 8 4/28/20

GOAL 680 by 12/20
Current FICO 9 4/28/20

Student loans and car payments reporting positive

Message 8 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Happy for ya!

Message 9 of 26
Highlighted
New Contributor

Wow, thats amazing! Congrats! I wish I could get an in with NFCU but I don’t have an account as I have no military relatives 🥺
Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score:04/30/2020 EQ 602 | TU 623 | EX 622
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.