Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG...Nordstrom I love you!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG...Nordstrom I love you!!

I applied online the other day, called and was told my application was denied..you know the 7-10 day letter with the reasons why.  So for some reason that didn't sit well with me since I never received a notification that I had an inquiry pull.  I called a few minutes ago through the regular toll-free number,  pressed the option for the credit department, and was connected with a nice lady.  I asked if she can check the status of my application.  She placed me on hold and then came back to say she is reopening my application it will be a few moments more. She came back and asked if there was anything on my credit that she needed to be aware of? I only address all the positive stuff like the last 10 months of on time payments, and all of my revolving accounts that are in good standing. I have two accounts that have a high balance but gradually paying them down, 2 collection accounts and one charge off from 3 yrs ago. After feeling like I was interrogated, I knew I had a chance with approval because you wouldn't be asked questions like that if you were denied...lol.  Long story short she came back to the phone and said: "I have an offer on the Nordstrom store card in the amount of $1,000 SL"..!!  It may not be a lot to some but this is my highest SL so far and coming from where I was just less than a year ago, I couldn't get a hamburger on credit...hehehe.  I shop here at least every two weeks so hopefully this card will grow and come to great use.

My current scores:

EQ - 609

TU - 611

EX - 623

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: OMG...Nordstrom I love you!!

Every step even a small one starting up is a good one that leads to more.

Big Congratulations on your "approval" and the effort to try again Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratz! 

Remember after your 7th billing cycle you can call in and request a CLI, Nordstrom will only do CLI's via soft pull. Then every 4 months after that. 

I started out 18 months ago with a $1500 credit line at the Tier IV interest rate. Fast forward to a couple months ago and I have been steadily growing my credit lines to what is now $15,000 with them at Tier I. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!! I worked at Nordstrom. Great company and great card.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratz! 

Remember after your 7th billing cycle you can call in and request a CLI, Nordstrom will only do CLI's via soft pull. Then every 4 months after that. 

I started out 18 months ago with a $1500 credit line at the Tier IV interest rate. Fast forward to a couple months ago and I have been steadily growing my credit lines to what is now $15,000 with them at Tier I. 

what if I receive an auto CLI. Can I still receive another CLI?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job. I should have applied for Nordstroms instead of Macy's last year lol.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. Congrats to you!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: OMG...Nordstrom I love you!!

Received an automatic increase of 200 before my 5th statement generated this month.  I am not sure how they review CLI but happy to receive this one.  Hopefully I can get another one within the next few months.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.