Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG.. PENFED 9K APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG.. PENFED 9K APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALMOST SPIT MY COFFEE OUT!!

So earlier I posted in the rebuilding forum about my many recent denials since rebuilding.

I decided to open up another savings account for my daughter today and had no intention of applying for anything. After being asked by the rep if I wanted to app for anything, I said "sure why not".., since I was about to hit the garden for about a year I figured may as well give it one last shot. He added all my info and said "hold on while I get a LO to view your app" followed by "nevermind, you got instant approval 9K @ 14.49" !! Let's say I was beyond shocked.

this may not be a big deal to most, but this is my first Major CC

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG.. PENFED 9K APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot-Woot! This is a great credit union and a solid starting line -- don't sell yourself short! Congrats on the Big Win!!

Message 2 of 42
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

It is just so wonderful, so beyond words, whenever you get something you weren't expecting.

A WooHoo and big Congrats to you. Enjoy!!!!!!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super congrats ChefDuaneSmiley Happy Thats a fantastic limit and apr. Enjoy your first major, now go buy you and your daughter a treat to celebrateSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 42
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! Super pumped. It's a big upgrade from Credit One.

@averagejoescredit for sure lol. It's kinda hard to buy my daughter something when she literally has everything
Message 6 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, but does she have a HUG? Smiley Wink

.....sponsered by PenFed and provided by DADSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I ALMOST SPIT MY COFFEE OUT!!

So earlier I posted in the rebuilding forum about my many recent denials since rebuilding.

@I decided to open up another savings account for my daughter today and had no intention of applying for anything. After being asked by the rep if I wanted to app for anything, I said "sure why not".., since I was about to hit the garden for about a year I figured may as well give it one last shot. He added all my info and said "hold on while I get a LO to view your app" followed by "nevermind, you got instant approval 9K @ 14.49" !! Let's say I was beyond shocked.

this may not be a big deal to most, but this is my first Major CC

I started out with one card only $800 CL and many years later I'm finally part of the 100k Club so I'm proof it can happen. Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 42
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

you might don't think it's a big deal to us all but we ALL can remember the time we got our FIRST big boy credit card Smiley Happy I know I can Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask how you managed to raise your scores so quickly? I started by rebuild around the same time you did with around the same scores, and I'm stuck right at the 600 mark on all my scores (slightly above or below). I've been denied for everything under the sun. LOL

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.