Congrats on your CLI!!! PenFed is great
Message 11 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: OMG PenFed CLI (500 > 9000!!)

@Anonymous wrote:

pfapproval.png

I'm utterly ecstatic right now! Smiley Very HappyHeart I know this isn't the biggest limit ever, but instant approval from 500 to 9000 for this college student? I'll certainly take it! I honestly thought I was going to be denied lol

NextGen EQ: 687 based off of PenFed's AR. 

Today was, on the dot, my 90th day with PenFed. I was expecting a call from the recon rep and, well, she didn't call yet so I got a little trigger happy. I'm not sure if they hard pulled me or not, since the 90 day window thing seems to be hit or miss for some people, but here's hoping there is no pull, but even if there was one this was definitely worth it. My highest limit by 3x! I'm so happy! 

WOWSER. Congratulations to you. Oh yeah, it's the biggest CLI ever by a lot of MyFICOers standards. This is awesome. Enjoy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, sorry for my late response, guys! I've been really busy, but I'm really happy to have you all celebrating with me! Smiley Very Happy I'm still so super jazzed about it lol!

fltireguy > Thank you! I'm happy with the increase, very surprised by the jump lol

Musiclover > I think so too, lol! Dancing with you~! Smiley Very Happy

AJC > It seems to be, yes, thank you for saying they like me, because I was for sure thinking they were going to hate me lol. I will definitely enjoy my limit! Heart

BPebbles > When you say it like that... omg!!! 18x, wow, you're right! It makes it sound grander ha ha, but thank you for the enthusiasm! 

CreditMagic7 > Thank you so much! I hope you and everyone else had a fantastic 4th of July too! Thanks for dropping by!

Justagirl63 > Thank you! I'm super excited for me too ha ha, but it makes me happy to see you are too. Smiley Happy

sleeplessinsf > Thank you so much!

Tigers09 > To think I was having app remorse with PenFed when I first applied... Smiley LOL But I just had to give them a chance! PenFed customer for life for sure! They are great, I agree!

CreditInspired > Your comment made me smile because... it put into perspective my increase. I suppose you are right, for some that is a pretty significant increase and for that I feel quite blessed. Thank you for your words! Heart

mdswxtech > Thank you so much! Thank you for the sound advice, actually, I definitely appreciate it! I'm not going to be applying for anything new for a long while, but yeah, hoping that SP CLIs will start looking more promising now that my PenFed limit is so high. I think I'm going to let the limit report before trying a HP CLI with BOA. Smiley Happy

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful comments, really brightened my day!

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow thats amazing neve! Congratulations! I just opened my penfed card in may, hopefully i can get a cli half as good as yours! If you don't mind what was your spending habits with this card? did you deposit money to penfed? thanks and again congrats enjoy.

Thank you so much for the congrats, Pokex! I decided to place your answer in a new post so that it will be easier for you and any other inquiring minds to see. Smiley Happy Anyway, I'm delighted to tell you the details:

>> I only have five dollars in the share savings account and nothing else, so no other deposits. I only use the credit card.

>> I kept my spending habits within 10-25% of my limit before paying it down to use it again, even within the same cycle. I let all but my first statement report 0 so far (my first came in a week and surprised me lol). I also took advantage of a balance transfer offer they had until June and the paid down a good 85-90% of it before requesting for a CLI. PenFed really loves BTs so if you could try one it will definitely up your chances in getting a decent CLI, I think. 

Good luck to you! Tbh, I had app remorse with PenFed initially, thinking they'd hate me forever, but they really will reward you if you use them well and show good payment behavior. We have a similar profile, in fact, you have more higher limit cards presently, so, I'm sure if you do something similar, they may grant you a fairly decent line. Smiley Wink Best wishes! 

Message 14 of 23
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

How much of your limit did you use? Scores? did you ask for 9,000, or did you just ask for an increase? I want to know so i know when i ask for my increase in 88 days. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gregory1776 wrote:

How much of your limit did you use? Scores? did you ask for 9,000, or did you just ask for an increase? I want to know so i know when i ask for my increase in 88 days. Smiley Very Happy

Hey Gregory1776! I updated in the post above yours, but I can explain it here as well:

Score: 687 on EQ NextGen (the score PenFed uses); 2 inquiries at the time

I didn't ask for a specific increase, the computer automatically gave me 9000.

For my limit, I used about 10-25% before paying it down within a cycle before using it again. The only exception I made was when I did a balance transfer, then my limit used was about 50%. I paid down a good 90% of the BT before I requested.

Just for the record, I can report that even though I was in the 90 day window, I still got a HP. So it being a SP is very YMMV. Just a heads up to whoever wants to give it a whirl. It was totally worth it though! 

Message 16 of 23
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoeLuvsHisCredit wrote:

Congratulations

Thank you! Heart

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow thats amazing neve! Congratulations! I just opened my penfed card in may, hopefully i can get a cli half as good as yours! If you don't mind what was your spending habits with this card? did you deposit money to penfed? thanks and again congrats enjoy.

Thank you so much for the congrats, Pokex! I decided to place your answer in a new post so that it will be easier for you and any other inquiring minds to see. Smiley Happy Anyway, I'm delighted to tell you the details:

>> I only have five dollars in the share savings account and nothing else, so no other deposits. I only use the credit card.

>> I kept my spending habits within 10-25% of my limit before paying it down to use it again, even within the same cycle. I let all but my first statement report 0 so far (my first came in a week and surprised me lol). I also took advantage of a balance transfer offer they had until June and the paid down a good 85-90% of it before requesting for a CLI. PenFed really loves BTs so if you could try one it will definitely up your chances in getting a decent CLI, I think. 

Good luck to you! Tbh, I had app remorse with PenFed initially, thinking they'd hate me forever, but they really will reward you if you use them well and show good payment behavior. We have a similar profile, in fact, you have more higher limit cards presently, so, I'm sure if you do something similar, they may grant you a fairly decent line. Smiley Wink Best wishes! 

Thanks for your response it's super helpful! I just have one more question, on your application did you put employed or student for occupation? When I originally applied they denied me for being a student due to "income not being stable" or something along those lines but I reconned and was approved. Since I'm also working I wonder if it would be beneficial to put 'employed' instead of 'student when I apply for my CLI'.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG PenFed CLI (500 > 9000!!) -UPDATE 7/13-

Very Impressive. COngrats on your super duper increase!!Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.