Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG got approved PayPal Cashback MC: $2500

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG got approved PayPal Cashback MC: $2500

I've been on the fence about this a long time, but got an email a few days back saying I've been selected to apply for PayPal cashback mastercard (though I didn't know if it meant for real).  I also just got denied recently for an amazon store card citing too may recent inquiries (crazy, so bummed about this), but have seen Paypal seems to pull TU and almost all my apps are on EX, so decided to go for it.  Got instant $2500 approval!!! Over the moon with this!

Side note: Not sure if I should be doing an app spree, but I want to plan to look into mortgage in 2 years and want to get what I can now and age the accounts, this is the first time in a while I got semi-OK CR scores to qualify for anything and I try to get my utilization down.  I've only been applying for cards/stores I use regularly as well.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG Just got approved for PayPal Cashback Mastercard: $2500

Congratulations on picking up a great card!

Message 2 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted StudiosCONGRATS on your Approval, from one Rebuilder to another, and Welcome to the FORUMS and the PayPal CashBack MC family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 12
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG got approved PayPal Cashback MC: $2500

Congrats on the approval OMG!  Smiley Happy .  Side note - if the scores in your signature are accurate, I would not push any type of app spree.  You've got a good approval now, I'd continue gardening until the score rises up; make it a shiny pretty penny before you pick your next addition.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! Enjoy that 2% back on everything!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was thinking I should probably stop here and try to pay everything down and hope for rising scores and CLI's in the next 6-12 months, right?

@Cred4All wrote:

Congrats on the approval OMG!  Smiley Happy .  Side note - if the scores in your signature are accurate, I would not push any type of app spree.  You've got a good approval now, I'd continue gardening until the score rises up; make it a shiny pretty penny before you pick your next addition.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success with the PP MC!!

Enjoy and treat it well!

Cheers

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Started using my new card since Disco hit the 1 yr mark.

Message 9 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

. " I've only been applying for cards/stores I use regularly as well."

That is Excellent & Welcome To myFICO Forums!!!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.