Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd auto CLI on Chase World of Hyatt Visa

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Odd auto CLI on Chase World of Hyatt Visa

1.  Trust me when I tell you that Chase does not love me. It took me quite awhile to qualify for any Chase card, and I've never been able to qualify for any of their core cards. And on the last several occasions I've applied for the one card I want, I was turned down unceremoniously for having too many new accounts. On top of that... my scores have been deteriorating lately due to high utilization.

2.  Bizarrely I just noticed that the total of the (a) available credit and (b) current balance on my World of Hyatt Visa card has increased from the usual $8,000 to $10,500, meaning I've been visited by a unicorn -- the elusive Chase auto CLI.  Quite odd that I haven't received an email, a letter, nothing... commemorating this momentous event Smiley Happy

3. Data points: FICO 8's are presently EQ 716, TU 752, EX 734; Chase almost always pulls EX for me; historically I used the card regularly, but not in large numbers; the only thing I've been doing different lately is that (a) this month I put 2 large purchases on the card, representing about 2/3 of the credit limit, then paid it mostly down, and (b) out of desperation, I've been making some use of Chase's 0% APR balance transfer offers (which I hate to use because they're always accompanied by a 3% balance transfer fee) on my 2 other Chase cards; on this card I've never had a balance transfer offer. This card originally came with a big starting credit limit, most of which I transferred to another card that had a balance transfer offer.

Maybe it was the big purchases.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Odd auto CLI on Chase World of Hyatt Visa

Congrats! SJ for the happy surprise. 

Message 2 of 14
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv

Message 3 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase

Message 4 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your auto CLI!
Message 5 of 14
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 6 of 14
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Auto love, even from the ones who give you the stink-eye, is the best love! Congrats!
Message 7 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I've updated my original post to include what was probably the single most important data point, which I'd forgotten.... that for the first time in the 2 1/2 years I've had the card I put 2 large purchases on it, representing about 67% of the credit limit. I'm guessing that that was the primary reason for the CLI.

Usually my spend on the card is in the neighborhood of 2 to 3% of the limit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 14
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the auto CLI with Chase!

Message 9 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats SJSmiley Happy. Nice to see the good guy(s) finally scoring some Chase luvSmiley Happy.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.