Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off AMEX Blacklist

tag
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Re: Off AMEX Blacklist

@Anonymous wrote:

5 years ago I lost my job and defaulted on $25,000 on my Amex gold card. When I got a new job a year later, I settled with them for around $8500 to prevent them from suing me, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get another Amex card for at least another 7 years minimum.

Cut to a year later, my new job wants me to apply for a corporate card. I was really nervous that I would be rejected and have to explain my credit issues to my employer, but I was quickly approved.

In the intervening years, I've had two other credit cards, have never had a late payment, and my salary has also risen to around 250k. Last night I was searching for the best card for rewards to add to my wallet and of course the Amex Platinum came up. I knew I would be rejected but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. I was immediately approved. The card was automatically set up in my apple wallet and I've already started using it.

I've heard that being an authorized user on a corporate card can get you removed from the blacklist. Or perhaps theyve just seen my income level, linked it with my awful spending habits, and can't help but want a piece of the action.

Either way, there is hope.

Best of luck to all,

A

LMAO! Smiley LOL Now I can't stop grinning.

Grats on blacklist removal!

SD - Biz -
Message 11 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Platinum approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 15
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Amex Platinum approval 👍🏼

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I should also add, it says I have no spending limit. Same thing it used to say on my gold card. I would often type in random numbers on their website to see if I'd get approved for a purchase and I think the upper limit was usually over 100k. LOL.

Congrats!   It says no preset but there is a limit on how much they will let you charge.  They will over the next few months see how much you use it and then use that to gauge your pre set limit.  Also like they did me on my Plat (but not my Green or Gold card) my scores dropped alot after I went on an App spree early this year.  Added about 7 new cards in a one month period (I know.....I know.  lol) and about a month later got an email from Amex that my pre set limit for the Plat is like 3K.  Other ones stayed the same but the letter did state something about my drop in credit score.  So keep that in mind too.

Message 14 of 15
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations getting back in with the Platinum! 

Enjoy the new card!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.