Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off the AMEX blacklist!!!

tag
Klineact
New Contributor

Off the AMEX blacklist!!!

I have been blacklisted from Amex for IIB accounts that happened in my 2010 BK I had at least two or three cards and owed them thousands but don't recall how much...Anytime I applied in past I got the usual denied due to prior relationship with no hard pull. Today I was poking around on deltas website and the Amex card came up advertised I decided for fun to click on it and hit submit.. was astonished I got instant approval. The CL is a joke at $1000 my highest limit card is $19000 so not sure that I will ever use it but idk how I got off the blacklist bc I certainly never paid them back a dime after filing for BK which is off my reports as it's been over ten years.. so there is life after Amex blacklist I am proof

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Off the AMEX blacklist!!!

I remember my joy after getting paroled after 10 years on blSmiley Happy

Just a rec, i wouldnt call your sl a joke for a couple reasons. First, you burned them not the other way. Second, many people get that starting limit and it is not a  joke to them. And thirdly,  you got approved, its a start and can grow and lead to future opportunities with Amex. Persepective  can be humbling. 

Again, enjoy your second chance on Amex life

Message 2 of 41
Klineact
New Contributor

You're right I will enjoy my second chance and I am pretty happy they let me back in but compared to my other cards it's not a limit I can do much with other than PIF each month if I used the card I will give it a shot and see how it goes

Message 3 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No worries,  if you are person that spends heavy it should grow fast. Id recommend actually using, despite limit, to establish with Amex your responsible and could use more. Even though ive read Amex has tightened up some due to Covid, their cli rules still apply so there is still hope you can get that to 3k in 2 months. 

Different times, but when i got back in i got the Green first, lol it was me just messing around when i got my shock approval. I then apped the BCE at 1 k! I had some car troubles and within a week i requested a cli and actually got it to 3k so its possibleSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 41
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 41
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 41
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting back in, with use you are likely to show them that you can handle more of a limit!
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and getting off the blacklist!! 

Put spend on it & try for CLI after few months. 

Message 8 of 41
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klineact wrote:

I have been blacklisted from Amex for IIB accounts that happened in my 2010 BK I had at least two or three cards and owed them thousands but don't recall how much...Anytime I applied in past I got the usual denied due to prior relationship with no hard pull. Today I was poking around on deltas website and the Amex card came up advertised I decided for fun to click on it and hit submit.. was astonished I got instant approval. The CL is a joke at $1000 my highest limit card is $19000 so not sure that I will ever use it but idk how I got off the blacklist bc I certainly never paid them back a dime after filing for BK which is off my reports as it's been over ten years.. so there is life after Amex blacklist I am proof

So you're calling a new credit card with a $1K SL from a lender that you burned on "two or three cards and owed them thousands" and who you "never paid them back a dime" (and that you seem happy about, btw) a "joke?" Ok. There are people here who are struggling to get cards with $250 or $500 on them. You should really re-think the way you look at stuff.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.