Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off the chase blacklist!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Off the chase blacklist!!!

Congratulations on the approval and the nice SL!

Message 21 of 25
dbatl14
Contributor

I burned then like 11 or 12 years ago. 2 years ago I opened a bank account with them. About a month in I couldn't log into the account anymore and got a letter in the mail asking to verify some documents. Called in and gave them what they asked. Account was still inaccessible for about a week. Called back, told me to go into a branch. Went to the branch with supporting documents to verify"identity". Manager came back and said they closed the account and didn't know why and the security department said to wait on the letter. A week later, I received the closure letter with as check with my money that was in the account stating due to past relationship they decided to close my account and pretty much said not to try again. Lol

The burn was for $250 that I disputed because WaMu made an error. Chase kept going back and forth with me but I finally supplied the proof to the CRB where they had to remove the negative but I guess they were super salty and butt hurt.

I now pretty much X'd them from my list forever
My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 22 of 25
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@dbatl14 wrote:
I burned then like 11 or 12 years ago. 2 years ago I opened a bank account with them. About a month in I couldn't log into the account anymore and got a letter in the mail asking to verify some documents. Called in and gave them what they asked. Account was still inaccessible for about a week. Called back, told me to go into a branch. Went to the branch with supporting documents to verify"identity". Manager came back and said they closed the account and didn't know why and the security department said to wait on the letter. A week later, I received the closure letter with as check with my money that was in the account stating due to past relationship they decided to close my account and pretty much said not to try again. Lol

The burn was for $250 that I disputed because WaMu made an error. Chase kept going back and forth with me but I finally supplied the proof to the CRB where they had to remove the negative but I guess they were super salty and butt hurt.

I now pretty much X'd them from my list forever

Well, Cheese and Rice!

I was super stoked then I came upon your post and now I am bummed. 

I burned WaMu for $1000 in 2009 and I am in the garden to get my 5/24 down because of wanting Chase's Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Priority Visa.  I guess I will find out in November when I app if I am forgiven or damned. 

OP, Congrats on your EPIC comeback! 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve never had a chase credit card of any sort. I had a couple of checking accounts that I’ve closed out years ago. Recently I applied through Land Rover for a lease, and chase denied it. They stated “Too many checking accounts closed” 😳 754 Experian, and 732 Transunion. So I guess their blacklist game is strong lol
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, this is wonderful to hear! Congratulations. I am currently not able to obtain anything from Chase or Amex due to burning both in a BK7 8 years ago.

Congratulations to you!
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.