cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

tel12
Established Contributor

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank I Like It!!!

I received a mailer from Fifth Third Bank two weeks ago it said you are pre-approved accept your card today, when I receive these from lenders I just throw them away. I have always acquired cards based on their cash back rewards and how that fits into my spending and the cards I currently have however, when I got this offer I just could not bring myself to throw it away.

Fifth Third Bank.jpg.png

I applied for the card did it on my phone it gave me the message “Thank you for applying blah, blah, blah,” I thought maybe I would receive an email the same day but did not. The following day I called and they told me I was approved for $20, 000.00 at 14.99% APR they pulled TransUnion. The card does not improve the cash back percentage in any spend category but a no annual fee card with a $450.00 sign up bonus was more temptation than I could bare. I think most data points are in my signature but if need any additional information just ask.

FICO 8 Scores Eq 821 Ex 820 TU 841, 228K Available CL, 1% Util

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

That's a ridiculous bonus requirement too! A mere $1,000 (or $1,500 it's a little blurry). Apparently they started with $350 some time in May, according to DoC, guess they didn't get enough takers, so they upped the ante. I'd jump on that too, especially since I could use a good restaurant CC. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 23
CreditMagic7
Super Contributor

If this is no typo, and i think i read it right, $20K is by far and away the highest approval for any Fifth Third credit cards i know that i ever read of from a single approval. The APR is equally impressive because all i ever seen was in the 16-18% range so maybe things are ramping up from their end.

Big Congratulations!

Message 3 of 23
tel12
Established Contributor

@LadyJEsq wrote:

That's a ridiculous bonus requirement too! A mere $1,000 (or $1,500 it's a little blurry). Apparently they started with $350 some time in May, according to DoC, guess they didn't get enough takers, so they upped the ante. I'd jump on that too, especially since I could use a good restaurant CC. 

I have seen $200.00 before from Fifth Third but when I got this mailer I just couldn't pass it up and the spend is $1,500.00.

Message 4 of 23
tel12
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

If this is no typo, and i think i read it right, $20K is by far and away the highest approval for any Fifth Third credit cards i know that i ever read of from a single approval. The APR is equally impressive because all i ever seen was in the 16-18% range so maybe things are ramping up from their end.

Big Congratulations!

Yes the limit is $20K it was more than I had anticipated based on others experiences and my not having a previous card or relationship with them.

Message 5 of 23
SEMO
Frequent Contributor

Ahhh! I told myself I won't apply for any new credit card's for a year or so but if I got this offer I would definately have to... unfortunately I just checked their webpage and the offer I have is for a mere $100..... wish they would send me the same offer you got...

Congrats on the approval!

AMEX BCE ($39,500) CITI AAdvantage ($20,500) Region's Platinum Card ($14,400) Discover IT ($23,000) Macy's ($7,000) Chase FU ($10,000) Barclay's Aviator ($22,000) TU:778 EX: 781 EQ:791
Message 6 of 23
tel12
Established Contributor

Thanks Semo as I said I have gotten other mailers from them for less so maybe they will send one your way.

Message 7 of 23
SEMO
Frequent Contributor

I've never recieved a mailer from them.. in fact the only mailer's I have ever gotten are from Barclays.. guess no one likes me? lol

AMEX BCE ($39,500) CITI AAdvantage ($20,500) Region's Platinum Card ($14,400) Discover IT ($23,000) Macy's ($7,000) Chase FU ($10,000) Barclay's Aviator ($22,000) TU:778 EX: 781 EQ:791
Message 8 of 23
CreditMagic7
Super Contributor

@tel12 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Big Congratulations!

Yes the limit is $20K it was more than I had anticipated based on others experiences and my not having a previous card or relationship with them.

Thanks for confirming that.

You did well with going for this one and at this time too. NICE Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
Scott2696
Established Contributor

**bleep**,  Super congrats to you!!!

EQ 669, TU 679, EX 679. Navy Signature Go Rewards 15K, Navy Signature Cash Rewards 16K, Navy AX Rewards 14.4K, Navy CLOC 15K, Navy Mortgage 120K, Navy ATV Loan 14,990K, FLCU Auto 48.7K, FLCU Visa 7.5K, FLCU Visa 1K, AFCU 5K, AFCU Line of Credit 4K, John Deere 15K, Suncoast TB Rays Cash Rewards 6K, Cap1 QS 5K, USAA Rate Advantage 5K, USAA AX Card 9K, State Farm Rewards 2.5K, Paypal Credit 2.8K, Cabela's 2K, Chevron & Texaco Visa 6K, BMO Harris Bank 1.5K, BOA Bass Pro 1.5K, 5/3 Stand up to cancer 4.5K, 5/3 Truly Simple 4K, 5/3 Trio 4K, Amazon Store Card 5K, Lowes 17K, TBFCU 5K, BBT Spectrum 4.5K, BBT Bright 3.5K, BBT Bright 4.5K, Banco Do Brasil Americas 4.2K, Kays Jewerly 2K, AX Green Charge, AX Delta Gold 1K, Morgan Auto Group 1.6K, Kohls 700.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.