cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank I Like It!!!

I received a mailer from Fifth Third Bank two weeks ago it said you are pre-approved accept your card today, when I receive these from lenders I just throw them away. I have always acquired cards based on their cash back rewards and how that fits into my spending and the cards I currently have however, when I got this offer I just could not bring myself to throw it away.

Fifth Third Bank.jpg.png

I applied for the card did it on my phone it gave me the message “Thank you for applying blah, blah, blah,” I thought maybe I would receive an email the same day but did not. The following day I called and they told me I was approved for $20, 000.00 at 14.99% APR they pulled TransUnion. The card does not improve the cash back percentage in any spend category but a no annual fee card with a $450.00 sign up bonus was more temptation than I could bare. I think most data points are in my signature but if need any additional information just ask.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Oh My, My Fifth Third Bank How Could You!!!

That's a ridiculous bonus requirement too! A mere $1,000 (or $1,500 it's a little blurry). Apparently they started with $350 some time in May, according to DoC, guess they didn't get enough takers, so they upped the ante. I'd jump on that too, especially since I could use a good restaurant CC. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

If this is no typo, and i think i read it right, $20K is by far and away the highest approval for any Fifth Third credit cards i know that i ever read of from a single approval. The APR is equally impressive because all i ever seen was in the 16-18% range so maybe things are ramping up from their end.

Big Congratulations!

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

That's a ridiculous bonus requirement too! A mere $1,000 (or $1,500 it's a little blurry). Apparently they started with $350 some time in May, according to DoC, guess they didn't get enough takers, so they upped the ante. I'd jump on that too, especially since I could use a good restaurant CC. 

I have seen $200.00 before from Fifth Third but when I got this mailer I just couldn't pass it up and the spend is $1,500.00.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

If this is no typo, and i think i read it right, $20K is by far and away the highest approval for any Fifth Third credit cards i know that i ever read of from a single approval. The APR is equally impressive because all i ever seen was in the 16-18% range so maybe things are ramping up from their end.

Big Congratulations!

Yes the limit is $20K it was more than I had anticipated based on others experiences and my not having a previous card or relationship with them.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh! I told myself I won't apply for any new credit card's for a year or so but if I got this offer I would definately have to... unfortunately I just checked their webpage and the offer I have is for a mere $100..... wish they would send me the same offer you got...

Congrats on the approval!

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Semo as I said I have gotten other mailers from them for less so maybe they will send one your way.
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never recieved a mailer from them.. in fact the only mailer's I have ever gotten are from Barclays.. guess no one likes me? lol

Message 8 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Big Congratulations!

Yes the limit is $20K it was more than I had anticipated based on others experiences and my not having a previous card or relationship with them.

Thanks for confirming that.

You did well with going for this one and at this time too. NICE Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

**bleep**,  Super congrats to you!!!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.