cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok I am done for today....I promise....no more approvals!!

tag
nickkinfl
New Contributor

Ok I am done for today....I promise....no more approvals!!

I posted earlier today that I was approved for Target  $300 and Amazon store card (originally approved for $1200, reconed for $3000 and approved). I decided to app for Walmart card ( I know, I know...I said no more for another 6 months, but this time it is the truth!! And I am stretching that out to 1 year now!!) I was approved for $1100 after being denied earlier this year and called the recon line again (877-379-8173) and was approved for $3000 limit!!! And yes I know that I need to stop because too many new accounts and inquiries within a short time frame can bring my scores down! The only other cards that I want to get in the future is an Amex card and a Carnival Mastercard and I think that will be it for many years. I will concentrate on maintaining low usage, clean credit and 100% payments on time. I am satisfied with the credit that I have been able to get today and again, thanks to everyone here for your valuable knowledge.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Ok I am done for today....I promise....no more approvals!!

AWESOME! so nice that with Credit Solutions they help you with a much needed boost for your utilization if used correctly. CONGRATSa and much luck in the future with your dream cardsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 19
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Lmao, congrats and I know the struggle of trying not to app can be hard! Usually a few denials will make you garden! LmaoSmiley Very Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 3 of 19
nickkinfl
New Contributor

Is there a Credit Anonymous group somewhere?!

Message 4 of 19
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@nickkinfl wrote:

I posted earlier today that I was approved for Target  $300 and Amazon store card (originally approved for $1200, reconed for $3000 and approved). I decided to app for Walmart card ( I know, I know...I said no more for another 6 months, but this time it is the truth!! And I am stretching that out to 1 year now!!) I was approved for $1100 after being denied earlier this year and called the recon line again (877-379-8173) and was approved for $3000 limit!!! And yes I know that I need to stop because too many new accounts and inquiries within a short time frame can bring my scores down! The only other cards that I want to get in the future is an Amex card and a Carnival Mastercard and I think that will be it for many years. I will concentrate on maintaining low usage, clean credit and 100% payments on time. I am satisfied with the credit that I have been able to get today and again, thanks to everyone here for your valuable knowledge.

Congratulations on the approvals! It's true about too many new accounts....my scores would probably be in the mid to high 700's if I would quit apping for cards. I am taking at least a one year break......I will try for two years, but that might just be too hard to do! LOL

Message 5 of 19
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@nickkinfl wrote:

LOLOL If you find one, let me know...I'll go with you!!!!!  Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, congrats OP but, what about tomorrowSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
driftless
Valued Contributor

@nickkinfl wrote:

Yes, it is called the Garden Club. Come join us.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 19
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@nickkinfl wrote:

Congrats on three cards that will likely serve very well! 

With the Target Redcard, you get the 5% off in the store.

With the Walmart card, you get at least 1% off of Walmart purchases, 2% off on gas, or 3% off of walmart.com purchases. Wally also offers promotional financing from time to time, and I think the cash over benefit may still be in place, so it works as a great impromptu ATM for up to $100. (buy a candy bar, bottle of window cleaner, etc. - cheaper than a traditional ATM)

The Amazon card offers 5% if you're a Prime member, otherwise it's great for stretching out those $149+ purchases over six months.

As another poster mentioned, while the AAoA will take a short-term dip, these cards are all free of annual fees, and the credit line actually helps with utilization. Over time the AAoA will improve because these are cards you can keep forever.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.