Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok I'll blame Pizza for this one.. US Bank! Lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok I'll blame Pizza for this one.. US Bank! Lol

@Gmood1 wrote:
Didn't know that MnB. I'll think about it. Other than their credit products. I see nothing special on the banking side.
I may consider recon. Already have to call WF and sweet talk them. lol

Correct...nothing on their banking side is really special.  But at least I was able to get a $200 SUB out of them by signing up for the Gold Package and temporarily sending a DD to checking.

But if the Altitude card appeals to you a banking relationship helps.

Message 21 of 53
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Yes! Your sucess along with Pizza recent approval just might be the inspiration I need to jump right in the mix. I will first try to open an account with them and then app for a card. Need to fine tune a few things on the reports first before I strike.😏
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 22 of 53
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:
I also have Sagestream and ARS frozen.. just to keep US bank out of them. lol
So that's probably why I was denied the checking account?
I really didn't need it. I was testing the angles in order to get approved this time around.
I have more bank accounts now than I know what to do with! 😂
Closing them out several at a time.
Thanks for the info!

Nope got checking acct with ars/sage/innovis frozen at time... not sure why checking was denied for you..  bad check writer you Smiley Tongue  

Message 23 of 53
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

GM i posted the entire process last year with screen shots .. buddy first you open the credit card (which makes you eligible to apply for the checking products) than after a week or so you apply for the checking account as credit card holder during the checking account application you get the pre approved offers for the credit products with credit line and APR clearly visible the rule is if you are outside of US bank footprint than you must have credit card with them first in order to become eligible for the banking products that's why you application for the checking account was denied (hopefully)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/US-Bank-opened-Pandoras-Box-of-Approvals-WOW/...

they don't pull chex you were denied for checking account because you were not their credit card customer at the time of application that's what i know i have gone through all this and now i have huge limits with them including the both checking and savings accounts. and if you had the credit card and than was denied for the checking account please disregard my post and Congrats Smiley LOL

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 24 of 53
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Mahraja

I have to disagree with you saying they don't pull Chex as I have my report right in front of me (not sure if you are familiar with my nightmare ChexSystems stuff I have been going through see PF section).. Anyways had report sent to me a few days ago and clear as day US Bank did indeed pull Chex for me.  Maybe it is YMMV as I opened my account in branch.

Heck bored so I will attach a portion of Chex Report Smiley Happy

IMG_2165.jpg

Message 25 of 53
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats G-MAN. The way things are shaping up you'll be the forums next $1m member.
BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 26 of 53
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

i believe you CC but in my case not a single pull form them on my chex it must be YMMV sort of thing than i got no pull form them for both checking and savings and i get my chex every 3 months due to my 19 checking accounts lol dang 

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 27 of 53
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Good job, @Gmood1Smiley Very Happy

I got my Cash+ last December right before my winter slumber in the Garden.  I honestly had my eyes on the bonus, but it's turned out to be one of my most-used cards!  Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy, and congrats!!  screamer.gif

LIKE-A-BOSS.jpg

Message 28 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

On a roll, you are. -Credit Yoda

Congrats!
Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

G,  recon that SL.  You have nothing to lose by asking.  Same for me last month SL 5k recon to 10k.  Just look at all the threads for people who got the $500 special.  It's almost like they want you to call and negotiate.  I think you will be glad that you called and if not then hey you still get 5k.

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.