Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Navy SCT and more

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Navy SCT and more

When buying a $25 gift on Old Navy for my son today, the pre-approval pop-up popped up. I was approved for SL of $800. It didn't feel like a SP, but I'll let you know. Three hours earlier, I was ordering my monthly vitamins on Amazon. I am a LONG time Prime customer. I have app'ed for an Amazon card around this time every year for maybe the past five years and always been denied. (I went into the garden a month ago, so have mixed feelings about this.) I applied and was approved for a SL of $1200. The HP cost me 7 points. I'm happy that all of my re-building work is opening doors that were firmly closed a year ago, but I really don't want or need any more HP's. I guess it was worth it to crack that hard nut and I got a lot of free vitamins with the discount. Maybe the Amazon app triggered the Old Navy pop-up? These are my first and only Synchrony cards. I am locking myself in the garden for at least six months.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
geekmama
Contributor

Re: Old Navy SCT and more

Congratulations!🍾
Message 2 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When buying a $25 gift on Old Navy for my son today, the pre-approval pop-up popped up. I was approved for SL of $800. It didn't feel like a SP, but I'll let you know. Three hours earlier, I was ordering my monthly vitamins on Amazon. I am a LONG time Prime customer. I have app'ed for an Amazon card around this time every year for maybe the past five years and always been denied. I went into the garden a month ago, so have mixed feelings about this. I applied and was approved for a SL of $1200. The HP cost me 7 points. I'm happy that all of my re-building work is opening doors that were firmly closed a year ago. Maybe the Amazon app triggered the Old Navy pop-up? These are my first and only Synchrony cards. I am locking myself in the garden for at least six months.

Nice, congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only heard about the Old Navy SCT but have never seen it in person!  It's definitely a rare beast.

If you shop there or Amazon a lot, these will serve you well but whatever you do, don't pay those crazy interest rates!

Also remember not to go crazy on Synchrony cards.  Lots of data points for years on what happens if you get too many in a short period of time, or ever.  Stick to the 2 you have and age them well before adding too many Sync cards.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've only heard about the Old Navy SCT but have never seen it in person!  It's definitely a rare beast.

If you shop there or Amazon a lot, these will serve you well but whatever you do, don't pay those crazy interest rates!

Also remember not to go crazy on Synchrony cards.  Lots of data points for years on what happens if you get too many in a short period of time, or ever.  Stick to the 2 you have and age them well before adding too many Sync cards.

Yes. Thanks to the forum, I've read all of the Synchrony warnings. I shop a LOT at Amazon and will always PIF. I only shop at Old Navy for a few Christmas gifts for my son every year, so I really didn't need the card. But I'd read that it was a rare event and I just couldn't resist trying it. I hope it's not a HP.

Message 5 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. Thanks to the forum, I've read all of the Synchrony warnings. I shop a LOT at Amazon and will always PIF. I only shop at Old Navy for a few Christmas gifts for my son every year, so I really didn't need the card. But I'd read that it was a rare event and I just couldn't resist trying it. I hope it's not a HP.

Please keep us updated if a HP shows up, thank you!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. The Amazon HP through TU showed up 2 hours after it happened on 3 alert services. I'm wondering if when Synch pulled that, it opened me up for the pre-approval on Old Navy? Pretty bad if I get two Synch HP's within hours of each other, but I will update if that turns out to be the case.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Amazon! I want one

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought amazon was a chase card?

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought amazon was a chase card?

The Amazon store card is through Synchrony. The Amazon Visa card, which is the one that I would really like to have, might be through another bank? I don't know.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.