Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only have 1 CC with a 40K CL and I want to apply for my 2nd - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only have 1 CC with a 40K CL and I want to apply for my 2nd

Holy mother of Chase credit line! Congrats!!!

This is definetly the first time i've seen Chase treat someone this generously. 

Enjoy!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

I love hearing Chase stories like this. What was your SL on the Mariott? Your CLIs give me hope. Smiley Happy

My SL was $5k. I've never asked for a credit increase... haha I don't think they've even notified me...

Okay, so I went back and looked at all my statements... because I was curious as well. Here is the progression of my Credit Limit over the years. I didn't even know they raised it for half of these.

4/2014 - $5k

4/2015 - $9k

8/2015 - $18k

5/2016 - $25k

1/2017 - $28k

10/2017 - $32.5k

5/2018 - $39.5k

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW... that is SWEET!!!

Very nice! I got CFU in January, autoCLI in March. Got CSP & Prime in June, hoping for an autoCLI on one, or more, soon. I don't put a lot of spend on any, but steady use.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

I love hearing Chase stories like this. What was your SL on the Mariott? Your CLIs give me hope. Smiley Happy

My SL was $5k. I've never asked for a credit increase... haha I don't think they've even notified me...

Okay, so I went back and looked at all my statements... because I was curious as well. Here is the progression of my Credit Limit over the years. I didn't even know they raised it for half of these.

4/2014 - $5k

4/2015 - $9k

8/2015 - $18k

5/2016 - $25k

1/2017 - $28k

10/2017 - $32.5k

5/2018 - $39.5k

Message 13 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Only have 1 CC with a 40K CL and I want to apply for my 2nd - Update: Approved

Congrats on the approval and the very generous limit on your new CSR!  Enjoy that bad boy when it arrives.

Message 14 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Only have 1 CC with a 40K CL and I want to apply for my 2nd - Update: Approved

Congrats on your approval. I would recommend expanding your lineup so that all your cards aren't in one basket (Chase), possibly recommend Amex and another lender (Disco? Citi? BoA?). Something to think about.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on your approval. I would recommend expanding your lineup so that all your cards aren't in one basket (Chase), possibly recommend Amex and another lender (Disco? Citi? BoA?). Something to think about.

I was thinking of getting AMEX Platinum as my next card. But I’m curious what’s the theory behind not having all your cards in one basket. Chase has always treated me well and I’ve liked them, and I always hated BofA’s customer service. Does it not make sense to reward the company you like the most with your service?

Message 16 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Me personally I dislike all my eggs in one basket.

I would consider adding an American Express to the mix.

Mostly I choose Amex since you mentioned Marriott, SPG new Lux card just came out with a very nice sign-up bonus!

Next year, you could downgrade to the non-lux version if the annual fee doesn't make sense and have 2 free nights at Marriott/SPG properties for your Amex and chase.

Message 17 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You should call and see if they'll let you do a "Product Change" instead of opening a new account. That way your history, AAoA and AoYA all stay the same.

I would never do that if you have the option when speaking about these big sign up bonus cards.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderful approval!!!! Congratulations!!!
I hope you dont mind me asking, but what's your income like? Did your income rise over the years throughout all those increases?
Message 19 of 21
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congratulations and thanks for following up with the approval!
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.