Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the Garden: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select & AMEX 3x CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of the Garden: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select & AMEX 3x CLI

I've been in the garden for about 3 months now, but decided to come out briefly to apply for the 60k mile offer from Citi for their Platinum Select card. I haven't had luck with Citi in the past, but they instantly approved me this time for $6,500 (my highest SL to date)! Smiley Happy

EDIT: Was feeling lucky and my 3x CLI opportunity has come up this month, so I went for it. Instant approval of 3x CLI on my AMEX BCP!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of the Garden: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select

Awesome approval and SUB!  With your scores, low utilization and a it of gardening to lessen the impact of past inquiries that approval doesn't surprise me!

Have you ever burned them before?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome approval and SUB!  With your scores, low utilization and a it of gardening to lessen the impact of past inquiries that approval doesn't surprise me!

Have you ever burned them before?

Thanks! Never burned them, or anyone else, totally clean report (zero baddies). My only concern was my inquiries, I have 8 hard pulls in the last 3 months. Citi is pretty sensitive to inqs, but seems like I snuck by!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They might be!  But I have a good buddy I work with and he apps for everything new always and he never gets declined for inquiries (and he has a LOT of them).  His utilization is mega low as he abides the AZEO plan, and I am guessing most lenders who are rumored to hate inquiries might actually hate high utilization + inquiries more than inquiries alone.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They might be!  But I have a good buddy I work with and he apps for everything new always and he never gets declined for inquiries (and he has a LOT of them).  His utilization is mega low as he abides the AZEO plan, and I am guessing most lenders who are rumored to hate inquiries might actually hate high utilization + inquiries more than inquiries alone.

True, that may be the case. The only thing bringing my score down is AAoA and Inqs (having opened about 6 cards in the past year and only having 2 cards previously), but my util and payment history is excellent.

Also, since I was feeling lucky off of this Citi AA approval, I went for a 3x CLI on my AMEX BCP and got an instant approval! Went from $1,000 -> $3,000. I've had the card since 2/2017 and put about $2,000 through it. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Out of the Garden: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select & AMEX 3x CLI

Way to go Lavathing Smiley Happy. Great approval and enjoy that 3xrSmiley Happy. Looks like we are on path for approval by Amex in Feb. Next up 9kSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.