cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the garden, my Spidey-sense tells me Penfed has gone crazy!

tag
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

Out of the garden, my Spidey-sense tells me Penfed has gone crazy!

Hello,

First, I received a pre-approval for a BP Visa card. I went and shredded it. Then, last night, I got my Spidey-sense telling me to go for a Marvel card. Approved for 2K (took the Captain America logo). 

Next, I have had a Penfed Promise since June of 2017 with a $5,000 SL. I applied for a credit line increase at the 90 day mark and at first I was denied. I completed the survey and moved up to $7,500 SL. I sat on it since then. 

Fast forward to this morning. I unfroze my EQ (which had a FICO 9 of 773 the last time I looked). I applied for another increase. I updated the information and I was approved for a $50,000 credit line! 

I suspect Penfed was drinking loco juice last night.

I know this one calls for visual proof, so I am including it.

Excuse me while I go into the most insane happy dance imaginable.  Smiley Very Happy

Sorry folks, had to edit my name out of the photoSorry folks, had to edit my name out of the photo

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Out of the garden, my Spidey-sense tells me Penfed has gone crazy!

First off congrats on the CLI that's pretty incredible! Any other datapoints you'd be willing to share such as use on the card since you got it, limits on other cards, income, etc. This is my end game goal for my own Promise card and want to see how I can get to that.

Message 2 of 39
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@simplynoirwrote:

First off congrats on the CLI that's pretty incredible! Any other datapoints you'd be willing to share such as use on the card since you got it, limits on other cards, income, etc. This is my end game goal for my own Promise card and want to see how I can get to that.

Happy to help. I haven't used the card that much recently. I have a $20,000 limit on a GTE Financial Visa, a $20,000 on CareCredit, a $15,000 limit on a Charity Charge, $10,000 on Walmart Mastercard, CheapoAir Visa, Old Navy store card and Amazon store card, $5,000 Cabelas Visa, and a $4,500 Discover, all within the last twelve months.By the way, I also have a $500 Chase Slate (and that's my bank!) My scores jumped dramatically at the end of last summer when my last baddie fell off and all are over 700 right now. 

Income of $175,000 between me and my wife (and going up to at least $250,000 in 2018, thanks to her PhD and her private practice taking off like a rocket the last 18 months. 

I put up the photo mainly because I think it's possible the computer had a glitch and I wanted to keep it as a memory of what happened. Penfed has a $50,000 maximum exposure across all cards, and I only have one.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

2D9956F3-8BFF-4343-B52F-4FBA6ECCE6AC.gif

DAAAAAANG!!! Big Congrats! Me and my $500 limit.........LMBO! 

Message 4 of 39
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That is incredible BizarroSmiley Happy. I cant even get PF to show me my fico let alone spell 50kSmiley Wink. Incredible. Enjoy it buddy.Smiley Happy Mahraja, we got us a winner winner chicken dinnerSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 39
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Woot!
Given the hard pull it looks legit.
Message 6 of 39
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@bizarrocreditworldwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

Happy to help. I haven't used the card that much recently. I have a $20,000 limit on a GTE Financial Visa, a $20,000 on CareCredit, a $15,000 limit on a Charity Charge, $10,000 on Walmart Mastercard, CheapoAir Visa, Old Navy store card and Amazon store card, $5,000 Cabelas Visa, and a $4,500 Discover, all within the last twelve months.By the way, I also have a $500 Chase Slate (and that's my bank!) My scores jumped dramatically at the end of last summer when my last baddie fell off and all are over 700 right now. 

Income of $175,000 between me and my wife (and going up to at least $250,000 in 2018, thanks to her PhD and her private practice taking off like a rocket the last 18 months. 

I put up the photo mainly because I think it's possible the computer had a glitch and I wanted to keep it as a memory of what happened. Penfed has a $50,000 maximum exposure across all cards, and I only have one.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Looks like I'm ready to get something in line with that just seems like Penfed likes a little history with you first beforehand which I can understand. I'll switch a little spend over to the card and have sisters start using Promise card for ATM withdrawals instead of Walmart/SC to start showing some use for prep in summer when I'll start requesting CLIs on some of my cards. Thanks again and congrats.

Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was worth the HP and running out of the garden 👍🏾

Congrats! 

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

HOLY COW!!!
PenFed may not be crazy, but that IS a crazy CLI!! Congratulations

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice name edit. Awesome 👏 CLI. So worth the pull. Congrats.
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.