Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the Moon!! NFCU Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the Moon!! NFCU Approval!!

So I opened my NFCU account in January..

I got an Nrewards $500 limit card in Feb and a Shared Secured Loan to show NFCU some love and work on my credit rebuild..

Well I passed my 90 day mark, improved my scores slightly and paid off my old collections, chargeoffs..

I was waiting till 6 months but figured hey I'll give it a shot.. Applied for Cash Rewards..

APPROVED FOR $10,000!!! WHAT!!!! Am I dreaming?!?! This trumps all my other cards x10

Literally over the moon right now. I've been busting my a$$ to fix my credit in a short time and it paid off.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this board. You guys are friggin awesome! All the goodwill letters, PFD letters, verification letters.. Man, it was tough and took patience... Love it!!!!

Going to apply for CLOC just in case before I hit the garden. Why not right?

Pulled TU - Fico9 588, Fico8 609

AA accounts 4 years, 12 months since late, 4 derogs

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Over the Moon!! NFCU Approval!!

Wow!! Congrats--that is a serious SL with your current scores. Well done.....
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

I'm glad the wind swept you off your feet. And you finally got a chance to dance along the light of day and head back to the milky way. At least when you sailed across the sun and when you made it to the milky way, the lights were not all faded and that applying wasn't overrated.

I'm glad you didn't fall from a shooting star, one with a permanent scar. Now you can trace your way through the constellation and get back in the atmosphere and garden. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesssss! Congrats. Use the card wisely. I saw you on rebuilding process, dont "tripped" again! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankkssss!

Definitely will use it wisely. All my current cards have low UTIL and I have a decent enough savings built up where I shouldn't need to use it in excess. Aiming for that house next year!

Message 5 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Ka-ching

Congrats x10000

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and monster CL

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I opened my NFCU account in January..

I got an Nrewards $500 limit card in Feb and a Shared Secured Loan to show NFCU some love and work on my credit rebuild..

Well I passed my 90 day mark, improved my scores slightly and paid off my old collections, chargeoffs..

I was waiting till 6 months but figured hey I'll give it a shot.. Applied for Cash Rewards..

APPROVED FOR $10,000!!! WHAT!!!! Am I dreaming?!?! This trumps all my other cards x10

Literally over the moon right now. I've been busting my a$$ to fix my credit in a short time and it paid off.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this board. You guys are friggin awesome! All the goodwill letters, PFD letters, verification letters.. Man, it was tough and took patience... Love it!!!!

Going to apply for CLOC just in case before I hit the garden. Why not right?

Pulled TU - Fico9 588, Fico8 609

AA accounts 4 years, 12 months since late, 4 derogs

Congrats!!! Its one of the best feelings knowing during rebuild when you've been putting in the work, but not sure when the payoff will be, only to take the chance and be gobsmacked. Congrats again! Navy is awesomeness.

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy is insaneSmiley Wink Way to goSmiley Happy. If I had your scores and Navy approved me for 10k, I'd marry her right then and thereSmiley Wink. BUT BABY IM FLESH AND BLOOD, uhmm Sorry babe, but Navy showed me 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base even before 1st dateSmiley Happy You can be my MistressSmiley Wink, just dont tell DiscoverSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations, TonyMac. Yes, NFCU rocks!!!!

Treat them good and they'll treat you like a rockstar.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.