Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OverStock + HSN CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OverStock + HSN CLI!

Hey all!  New to the forums and just wanted to say a quick 'hi' and thanks!  Found out about the forums a couple weeks ago and been trolling around learning stuff (SCT, the existense of PPC, the meaning of life, ya know, all this nifty stuff), along with some wisdom here and there.  Anyways, I decided to put some of these new found information to use and tried out the SCT.

Same Day (week+ ago):
OS - Initial @ $1000

Wayfair - Initial @ $1000 (HP'd me though AND 7-10'd me with a letter to call in to verify.  Something I didn't do until AFTER I had opened the following 2 accounts)

Few Days (maybe as long as a week-ish) Later:

PPC - Initial @ $800

HSN - Initial @ $800

Admittedly, I did try GS a few times, couldn't get that to work what so ever.  Went around to a couple other stores and got it to work, but for now have decided against it.  Feel like these 3 along with the PPC is good enough and don't wanna go rocking the boat, especially with rebuilding since my discharge last Christmas.

Since then I found out about the "robot lady" and decided I would give the CLI's a shot.  I hadn't gotten any of my cards yet, so figured 'why not?' since I just got the HP with Wayfair, I should be safe of any further HP's.  So yesterday I called her up, asked her how her day was, if that was a new hair cut, ya know, sweet talked her a little.  And what do ya know?  Instant approval for the OS of $800, bringing it to $1800.  Was shocked!  SHOCKED, I say!  Figured if it did work, I'd get at max, $200.  Definitely was NOT expecting that!  Felt ballsy and tried HSN and she gives me $800 as well, bringing that one to $1600.  I did try to call Wayfair, but think she finally caught on that I was just using her and that nothing was going to happen.  She played hard to get and wouldn't even acknowledge that the option existed!  Little tease!  Which truthfully, I'm glad it was the case.  Felt like I was pushing it a bit.  

Before I tried any of the prior, I did try pushing PPC to do an increase via a trick I read on here about buying something from BB.com.  Didn't work.  Had to call BB and cancel the order, which is still showing as 'Pending' in my cart.  Then went full stupid and tried triggering it via sending money to my brother.  Didn't work.  I did how ever manage to get my account under some sort of security review.  An account I've had with them and in good standing since they were/transitionaling from 'x.com'.  So go me!  Smiley Sad

Today I get my OS card and I sign up for my online account and see the 'luv' button and I just gotta.  Had an itchy trigger finger and what do ya know?  BAM!  $800 more bringing it to $2600.  So, got 1.6x my original SL with in 24h of one another.  Going to try not to push the others at least until next month.  

Aaaaaanyways.  Just wanted to drop in, register, say a quick hello and thank you and share my story so far since finding these forums!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OverStock + HSN CLI!

Well thanks for the info on the robot lady. It worked on my OS and VS accounts . I need to log into my OS account and try that part later. OS when from 750 to 1550 and VS when from 2540 to 2750

Message 2 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new accounts and CLI.

If "GS" = Good Sam/Camping World. then you should know that they only offer a Visa bankcard and they are much harder to get then a storecard

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome, thanks for sharing quite a storySmiley Happy Congrats on your new increasesSmiley Happy

If you were trying to send money via ppc, read up all about that. Certain transactions involving money and family can raise red flags as youve seen yourself. I remember reading the BB trick but i myself never liked that idea. Hang around the forum its a great place to be!!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! And beareful ^

Message 5 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats on the success you're having! I wouldn't apply for anymore cards backed from Comenity for awhile. They are known to do a "review" for several cards opened up in a short amount time, use them wisely!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also would not try get the limits too high on those.  Save it for the good cards.  I only have just enough on my store cards, and if they ever give me more on auto CLI, i will refuse it.  I want my good cards/banks to have the big CLs.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"GS" was referring to GameStop.

And yeah, between that trick with PPC, which like I said, stupidly over shot. Then tried with the transfer to my brother a couple times with a more realistic number, it got flagged. But ended up getting straightened out by yesterday. Jumped the gun on that, 200% all my stupidity right there! Lol

I don't plan on attempting anymore store cards or even pushing the boundaries on these. I have read some of the horror stories and am already a bit worried there. I'm under the limit of the magical number of 12 that seems to be it for inquiries, but not by much and hitting the garden for awhile.

Thanks for the support! 😁
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.