Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Approval - SCT Worked!

tag
redpuppydog
Valued Member

Overstock Approval - SCT Worked!

Was reading about all the posts I could on how to use the 'Shopping Cart Trick'. Been wanting to get the Overstock Card as they have so much stuff for the home and we're wanting to fix up things this year as we prepare for a mortgage refi at the end of the year. So went through the whole shopping cart checkout process 'slowly' and low and behold the pre-approval popped up. Accepted. $3K limit.

Current Accounts - Mortgage | NFCU CLOC $15k | NFCU Auto Loan $12K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $17,900 | NFCU CashRewards Visa $5,000 | Home Depot $20,000 | Amazon $5,000 | Lowes $12,000 | Overstock $14,000 | Discover $10,500 | Best Buy Visa $8,900 | Walmart $2,500 | Commenity M/C $5,000 | Care Credit $7,300
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock Approval - SCT Worked!

Excellent. However I would watch your reports the next few days to see if a delayed HP does pop up as it’s been happening to a lot of people the last several months.
Message 2 of 18
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the approval

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wowww! That’s a great sl for the sct!!! I thought they only started u off with small cl!😊
Message 4 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval 

Message 5 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy i too would lend caution. People read the old threads or the outdated info on DoC snd assume SCT is free with no hp. Data points recently say otherwise. Hope you snuck one in but be wary of hp.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval and nice SL !!!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to confirm my experience of an Overstock HP about 2 weeks ago.

Did the SCT and was approved for $750. Instant notification for inquiry from Experian.

However, once I got the card in the mail I gave the luv button some attention and instantly went to $1,550. Hit it again and went to $2,350.

Message 9 of 18
redpuppydog
Valued Member

Yeah, this ended up being a HP on Equifax. But that's interesting about the CLI's. Will have to try that soon as the card comes. Were the CLI's SP's?

Current Accounts - Mortgage | NFCU CLOC $15k | NFCU Auto Loan $12K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $17,900 | NFCU CashRewards Visa $5,000 | Home Depot $20,000 | Amazon $5,000 | Lowes $12,000 | Overstock $14,000 | Discover $10,500 | Best Buy Visa $8,900 | Walmart $2,500 | Commenity M/C $5,000 | Care Credit $7,300
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.