Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock CLI...and it was a HP!

tag
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Overstock CLI...and it was a HP!

Ok so every so often I go to my Comenity accounts (Overstock, Buckle, J.Crew, Express) and try for CLI's.

Mind you I have had all four of these accounts since 2016 and EVERY time it was a SP.

Well today was three months and didn't need any other CLI on the other accounts so I just did Overstock and

hurray got an extra $2000....and something else I DIDNT WANT...a HP on EQ!  It was on the mobile site and NO checkbox was there like they had in the past.

Needless to say I am not going to DD on the usual CLI's from them since this is now happening, nor going to

try on ANY of my other Comenity accounts.  I thought I would warn others that it appears the SP train has left and now all CLI are HP now.

Anyone else this happen to recently?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Overstock CLI...and it was a HP!

There's been other threads about this. They've removed the box and now you should assume a HP and be happy if it's a SP.

Message 2 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Sucks about the HP. Congrats on the $2,000 CLI!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 3 of 13
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I've seen the other threads and trust me I always keep it in the back of my mind, but out of the many CLI's from them this is a first.  Oddly enough when the SCT was around I was one of the few that didn't get a HP which I know has changed.

Message 4 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Whoa. So now CLI's are HP too? I know my thread the unofficial SCT HP or SP is on Google from the spiders that crawl the site. Might have to place that warning now too. Really looks like SCT is died out now.

Congrats on the 2 grand!

Message 5 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow sorry to hear. Im at the point of my rebuild no cli from Comenity is worth a hp. I only have one but i let robolady decide if im worthy or not. Day i get a hp ill close it that same daySmiley Wink
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was always able to get SP cli's with my reports frozen. Has this changed?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was doing my normal runs of cli requests for the month today and I got a HP on EQ on overstock as well but did get a $1500 bump so they are still being generous at least.

Message 8 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

MY William sonoma visa about a few weeks ago got a 4k CLI via SP.. So YMMV type of thing always assume a HP and be happy with a SP.

Message 9 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Plus1 CC. That should be everyone's mantraSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.