Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

tag
mykeys
Valued Member

Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

Decided to pull the trigger on the Overstock card because I wanted some Zero Gravity chairs for my balcony. The weather in Chicago should be nice soon, maybe? I used Internet Explorer to get the pre-approved pop-up. Filled in my info with FULL social security number and the results are:

Overstock Card - Approved - $1050 CL

HPs: None

I will keep an eye out for HPs and update this post if they show up.

Stats at time of apps:

EX - 672

TU - 655

EQ - 643

UTIL: 4%

Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Success with the Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - ENJOY those Zero Gravity chairs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 21
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Yes let us know so I can the add it to my thread in applications section. Thanks!

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 21
mykeys
Valued Member

It has been 7 days and there is still no HP.
Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

well played..

Message 6 of 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@mykeys wrote:
It has been 7 days and there is still no HP.

@mykeys

Assuming still no HP, how much were the 0 gravity chairs?  I am curious about SL relative to order amount.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder about that too - some combination of scores, profile, and order amount. It would be interesting to know if OP had ordered $1500 of stuff, if he’d be approved for enough on the card to cover it, but they gave $1050 since it would easily cover the chairs.

It’s too bad there’s no way to know that but if there were it would be great.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not my thread but since I also was successful with the Overstock shopping cart trick recently I figured I would reply.

My scores were very similiar to the OP's and I was given a 3K limit. FYI I had about $700 worth of merchandise in my cart. Hope that helps.
Message 9 of 21
mykeys
Valued Member

The chairs were about $100. My cart total was $300 when I applied. Final check out way just above $250 to get the special financing.

I have a lot of recent inqs and that could be keeping lenders from being generous with SLs
Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.