cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

mykeys
Valued Member

Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

Decided to pull the trigger on the Overstock card because I wanted some Zero Gravity chairs for my balcony. The weather in Chicago should be nice soon, maybe? I used Internet Explorer to get the pre-approved pop-up. Filled in my info with FULL social security number and the results are:

Overstock Card - Approved - $1050 CL

HPs: None

I will keep an eye out for HPs and update this post if they show up.

Stats at time of apps:

EX - 672

TU - 655

EQ - 643

UTIL: 4%

Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

Re: Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - Approved

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Success with the Overstock Shopping Cart Trick - ENJOY those Zero Gravity chairs!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 2 of 21
FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Congrats. Yes let us know so I can the add it to my thread in applications section. Thanks!

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery from the @ 540's.
Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 21
mykeys
Valued Member

It has been 7 days and there is still no HP.
Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 5 of 21
heavylifter
Regular Contributor

well played..

Message 6 of 21
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@mykeys wrote:
It has been 7 days and there is still no HP.

@mykeys

Assuming still no HP, how much were the 0 gravity chairs?  I am curious about SL relative to order amount.

050719:     
032422:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire in a few years.
Message 7 of 21
ImTheDevil
Super Contributor

I wonder about that too - some combination of scores, profile, and order amount. It would be interesting to know if OP had ordered $1500 of stuff, if he’d be approved for enough on the card to cover it, but they gave $1050 since it would easily cover the chairs.

It’s too bad there’s no way to know that but if there were it would be great.
Platinum NPSL | Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | FNBO Prime Visa | FNBO Evergreen | PenFed PCR | PenFed Gold | Navy cashRewards | Navy Platinum | Apple | Wells Fargo Active Cash | IT Cash | IT Chrome | GHSFCU Visa Plat | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Sams MC | Firestone | Overstock | Kohl’s | Key Bank auto loan (2017 Audi A6 Premium Plus S-Line)

Message 8 of 21
SteveB2112
Established Member

Not my thread but since I also was successful with the Overstock shopping cart trick recently I figured I would reply.

My scores were very similiar to the OP's and I was given a 3K limit. FYI I had about $700 worth of merchandise in my cart. Hope that helps.
Message 9 of 21
mykeys
Valued Member

The chairs were about $100. My cart total was $300 when I applied. Final check out way just above $250 to get the special financing.

I have a lot of recent inqs and that could be keeping lenders from being generous with SLs
Credit Cards:

Store Cards:

Installment Loans:

Scores 10/2018:
Scores 7/2019:
Scores 1/2021:
Scores 8/2021:

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.